This is all the time I'm allowing myself. We just wrapped up what was a wonderful whirlwind of a week. Some of the events I was having too much fun participating in to bother taking a picture (see lyrics to John Mayer's 3x5). Jacob's family came in town for the latter part of the week for Megan's directorial debut of her senior project "Urinetown." (Says Jacob: Fabulous directing, it runs in the family.) We all had dinner, watched Juno, hot-tubbed, and not one bit of it is on film. But these are some photos I managed to muster:

Miss Eve adoring my pink-flowered umbrella: obviously, a budding woman with impeccable taste.

One sweet happy family + me. Miss Eve was gripping me tightly, refusing to look at the stranger of a photographer, who was also our waiter at the pizza place.

The sunglasses fit better down her shirt than on her head.

Best friends.

I love this woman. I think of Anne of Green Gables' "kindred spirits" line when I'm with this lady. She is serving a mission in our ward and church is all the better for it. She was my accompanist for our stake classical music night. Our ward choir director (not pictured) is a to-die-for flutist, and her husband, an equally talented violinist. They organized the event and asked me to sing, which I was thrilled to do (performing not one, but two arias publicly for the first time!--Deh Vieni Non Tardar, from Marriage of Figaro, and Signore Ascolta, from Turandot--for you opera literate readers.) I love an excuse to sing and wear a fabulous dress, could anyone doubt as much?
Jacob and I would also like to thank our recent guests who donated so generously to our cupboards and refrigerator. Your leftovers are all delicious.
P.S. I went to the doctor today and have some very good news to share...
Only one more trip to the podiatrist and then (we think) I'm cured!
5 comments:
Darling post Em, and to be sure we had a great time in P-town with you and jacob and we didn't take a single photo either. I'm sad about that but not sad to have been together. Loves and good news is always welcome, eh? Heart, Peg
I just blogged about our week, and we have shockingly few photos to show for all teh fun we had too. I think that's the best proof that you were actually enjoying yourself!
Glad your foot is better. :) Love you.
i have a few things to say... first of all, happy birthday tomorrow!!!! yeah for april birthdays! (we really should get together soon to celebrate- i know i keep saying that, but really... we need to!) secondly, i am sorry we missed you singing. i'm sure it was amazing. and thirdly of all, what happen to your foot?
Hey Emily, it's michelle I miss you alot and you look beautiful. How's the performing going? Anything fun lately?
Tag! You're It! *see my blog for directions*
Post a Comment