Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunday, Sunday

Happy Birthday Baby! Five little things you may not have known about my wonderful man:
1. He is a fantastic home teacher. He spent part of his birthday visiting one of his home teaching guys in the hospital. And what guy do you know brings cookies to his families that he bakes himself?
2. He loves icicles. Particularly knocking them down from rooftops with his bare hands. So much, in fact that the other day when we were driving to Kmart, Jake turned the car around, parked alongside a restaurant, and got out of the car to go knock a giant one to the ground. He has the same ecstatic reaction knocking down icicles that he does watching cars crash in a demolition derby.
3. He is a beautiful sleeper. Seriously, like the best I've ever seen. Pictures of me sleeping, without fail, are with a double chin, wide open mouth, and more often than I'd like to admit, drool. Jacob is the original sleeping beauty. 4. He is a master of meatballs. It's no secret he's a great freestyle cook (that above is his self-made birthday cake), and that he absorbs wisdom from food network stars like a sponge, but he can throw anything into meatballs and make them fantastic: sun-dried tomatoes, cheese, jello. Anything.
5. He is superdedicated. When he makes up his mind to do something, it's as good as done. In November he woke up one morning and decided he was going to lose weight (through the holidays and the worst semester yet, and all!) He set a goal weight to reach by his birthday and he reached it the morning before. To date he's lost 38 lbs. and he's still going. I knew he reached a milestone when I ordered an aerobic step from Amazon the other day and he was like, "sweet!"
That is one sexy man.
It's not just me, this kid has quite a fan club. Who wouldn't love this guy?
Other notables:
For those of you who yawn and make ready to snooze with home decor/improvement posts--this one really is news worthy. This is the back room. Back room, meet blog. Those of you who have seen this room will likely not recognize it because it never looks like this. I'm big on organizing and as many times as we've attempted to do so successfully in the office, it hasn't worked. This is our latest effort, and maybe with the new chest of drawers care of Ikea that we were setting up til 3 AM Saturday morning (not pictured here), just maybe we have a shot this time.

And the BIG news . . .
My sister and her family came in town late last night! I was so excited to have my sweet little niece and nephew come to our place for the first time! This morning Eve and Devlin found an Easter surprise on the table, and Devy turns to me and says, "Auntie Em, did you do this? Oh, thank you!" Absolute angels.

This was truly a wonder. Little Miss Eve's affection must be earned, and our last visit earlier this month is the first time she came to me without hesitating. Tonight we had friends over for dinner and my sis-in-law Megan was there, whom Eve has never met. When Eve walked in and spotted Meg laying on the floor, she ran and jumped on her and giggled and played with her for 10 mintues. Poor Jake is still trying to get on Eve's good side--she still fake cries when she sees him. Megan apparently has the magic.

Happy, Happy Easter!

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Jake looks fantastic! I was noticing in his birthday cake picture that he was looking pretty studly. ;)
I definitely believe that Meg could win over a child in moments. After all, she loves to be a child herself! She knows just what to do. ;)

The Standrings said...

hey em- happy easter! cute post! and good job jacob! that takes so much hard work!

maccam said...

Happy Easter you guys! So fun to have fam in town. They are so cute and getting so big! I love the office...now if only we could get ours that way...Love, Cam

Samantha said...

I was going to say, Jake, it looks like you lost weight! Awesome job! How did you do it? I should do whatever you did... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You know we would have been at your party if we lived near you :(

And your back room looks great!!!

Kaytie Brown said...

How fun to have some fam in town for Easter! You are SUCH a cute Aunt to have Easter baskets all set up. Oh and I love that they call you Auntie Em!! That's beyond adorable.

Lisa said...

I knew Jake was losing weight!!! Every time I would visit your guys blog I noticed Jake getting smaller and smaller! I too decided to lose weight in Nov. and have lost 36lbs to date (I can totally understand the holidays and all the sweets). You look amazing! Hope you had a fabulous b-day!

Unknown said...

That was fun- I love me some Jake and Em time...thanks for inviting me to all of the above said events. And yeah- Eve and I are tight! Loved every minute of that!

Candice Warby said...

Wow, Jake. Can't believe it. I hardly recognized you. :) Congratulations on the hard work. Emily, thanks for keeping the blog updated. Love to have a way to know how you guys are doing.

Sarah said...

Such a cute tribute to your man! And way to go Jake! Your an inspirations to us all! You two are adorable. Thanks for all the updates. Its so good to see how everyone is doing!

angiedunn said...

You are the cutest Aunt! Fun office-y set up too!