Friday, April 25, 2008

Gradumawation

I can't believe it. It happened today. It's over, I was there for it, and I still can't believe it. Today my baby graduated from college. And I am so proud. This, my friends, is the face of one happy boy.
And if I may say, the school was lucky to have him. Those of you who know and love Jacob know he has a magnetic personality. He can and does make friends with everyone. We can hardly go anywhere without Jacob seeing someone there he knows. Of course I'm proud of the shockingly good grades he maintained in classes like physical science and statistics (the latter of which we not-so-lovingly nicknamed "the other woman" for all the time she demanded.) And of course I'm proud of his practical and dedicated application of his film education to the real world, working on feature films, tv programs, sporting events, and church broadcasts. And of course I'm proud of all the scholarships and grants he's been generously awarded for his hard work and achievements. But this boy is a wonderful person. He loves people with all his heart, which is the biggest heart, mind you, of anyone I've ever met. That, to me, may always be his greatest accomplishment.


Yes, that would be his sister Meg with whom he graduated today. They were so cute up on the stage together, smiling and laughing. These two have shared a lot together and I'm so glad they could celebrate this happy occasion together. Meg will be student teaching in D.C. this fall. We are so excited for her.


Here's more proof of the afore mentioned events--for myself, who as she writes this, stares in disbelief:



Two of Jacob's greatest mentors in the film program, faculty member, Jeff, and former graduate, Tom.



Thanks to everyone for being there and supporting us through to the day I thought would never come. Thank you to everyone who helped make this day possible. We love you all!

13 comments:

darbs said...

congrats!!!!!

Marie said...

Stylistically speaking, you should have graduated from the music college at ASU. Then you could've had a pink tassel to compliment you maroon gown. Just kidding. Congratulations!

Amy said...

Congratulations! Woo-hoo! Isn't it awesome to know that all that hard work, sweat, tears, and blood pays off?

Jared said...

You EARNED that diploma, especially with your amazing score in STATs. It's about time! Let's go make some movies.

The Wizzle said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so thrilled for you Jake (and Meg) and I wish with all my heart I was there to see you walk. I can't wait to see what comes next for you guys!

Paul Dalton said...

Congrats Jake and Megan! Wish we could have been there to cheer you on. Thanks for sharing the pictures, Emily. You all look great.
Paul

Melis said...

Wahoo! Tell Jacob congratulations for us! And happy way belated birthday, Emily!

Wishing you two a wonderful day!

Loretta and Richie said...

Congratulations again! I second Paul, Emily you looked great! Good Luck this summer! Keep us updated:)

The Boothes said...

Congrats on Graduating. What's next?

Lisa said...

So happy for you Jake!!! Yes you are right Em EVERYONE know Jake! Now you have to take a nice long vacation from Provo.

Candice Warby said...

Congratulations Jake! You definitely rock. What are your plans now?

Sparks Fam said...

congrats jake! it's a lot of work but something to be proud of!

Shandelle said...

Congrats!!!! That's so awesome!