Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Big Apple!


Congrats Jared! Jared entered a short film he and Jacob shot last week for a contest sponsored by the Tribeca Film Festival in New York and won! In it, he had to convince the judges why he is the biggest film junkie. Clever premise, watch it here.

So what did he win? Daily festival blogging responsibilities for the Tribeca website, a new camcorder, a new Apple computer (Mac book pro laptop), and 2 all-access passes to the film festival! So guess who he's taking? Duh--Jake! And guess who's meeting them for the last weekend of the festival?! Duh--me! Which means we are going to New York City!! Hooray!

13 comments:

Peg and Parker said...

Saw the video. Very Clever. I can see why they want to give Jared a computer, camera etc. He's clever. Did I see your hand(figuratively) and your wife(literally) in the video, Jake? Thanks for sharing that. Good for you Jared!

breckster said...

Congratulations to those who deserve it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try to fit us into your schedule! We are really missing contact with our old friends! Even if its lunch or dinner or even breakfast, we'd love to see you all!

hanner said...

Ack, I'm so jealous! New York! Congrats!

Amy said...

oh my gosh, that is so cool! Have fun in NY (and don't forget to take your camera so we can enjoy the journal with ya)

darbs said...

That's awesome! I loved it good job all of you!

Loretta and Richie said...

Way cool kids! Congrats!

Cindy Spratling said...

K, knowing famous people is pretty cool. Congrats and have fun in NYC!

The Wizzle said...

This is soooooooooo cool! What a great opportunity. I'm so glad you guys are taking advantage of this stuff as it comes along.

Anna said...

New York?! Hey! Did you know that I live in New York? (hint hint) IF you have ANY extra time and we might be in the same neighborhood, or whatever I can get...Give me a call! I'd LOVE to see that gorgeous face in person!!

Congrats to the fellas for their cool vid.

Anna

Marie said...

Emily, I am jealous of your dancing skills. Have fun on your weekend get-away!

Staci said...

Wow! I want to win all that! I'm sure it was well deserved!

P.S.My brother is doing a FREE art giveaway if you link him on your sidebar! check it out!
matageframing.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

So, Emily, you guys aren't really helping me with my jealousy problem.

PS, you should schedule a loooong layover in Chicago. You guys have doting friends all over the nation!!!

Holly said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations - that's so wonderful!!

Very good job on the video - I'm so glad it won.

It was so fun to see you guys!
Reunions at Smith's is now my favorite thing to do on Saturday nights. :)

And good luck in New York! I'm excited to see pictures! :)