In honor of my wife's birthday today I thought I would show you some of my favorite photos of Emily through the years.
Here is infant Emily. My father-in-law jokes that Emily came out of the womb asking "what time is it" and "when can I get my ears pierced."
I love this homage to Mary Poppins. Vintage Emily.

Emily loved school picture day growing up. I swear I have 12 years worth of these photos and her expression is the exactly the same in every single one, only the "outfits" get less and less 80's. On a personal note, I had a buzzed head up until 7th grade, then a bowl cut to present (see photo below).

Fashionista. I love the synthetic pink pants. Ever since I saw this photo I have been looking for heart framed glasses. I also love the way the ball cap is just hovering on her head like halo.

This is when Emily and I met, during the Brimhall Jr. High production of The Wizard of Oz. She was Dorthy and I was a flying monkey. In the play the following year she was the magic mirror and I was the prince (but not the beast) in Beauty and the Beast. We had some serious personification issues to deal with. (For bonus points name the person in the lion suit, need a hint?)

Proof I played the prince.

No, this not a Handcart Trek reenactment. This is Emily in Mesa High's musical review her junior year. Emily and I also went on our first official date that year. She paid.

This is the one of the photos Emily sent me while in Texas on my mission. Flirtatious, yet classy.

This awesome photo strangely enough was taken at a beauty pageant, this was the camouflage/evening wear round.
This was taken on our honeymoon. While on our cruise Emily and I went up to the deck to go sunbathing. It was like 85 degrees, Emily gets cold easily. Notice the guys in the background, shorts.Happy Birthday Emily. I think you are an amazing person and I love you tons.
Feel free to leave a birthday message for Emily in the comments, Emily would love that.
21 comments:
Emily Dear, So glad you were born! And I love that you married a "prince". Was it Carli Cotter? Extra points her. Plus, what fun things do you have planned for today? Keep us posted. We hope this is a wonderful birthday! Heart Peg and Parker
Happy Birthday Emily! Those are some pretty amazing pictures. I'm glad that you are poised enough to pull off those pink pants :)
Happy Birthday, Emily! Love the picture montage :D Wish we could be with you to help you celebrate. Maybe we'll have to go get some cake and ice cream in your favor... Much love, the Rogans
Sarah wrote the above. If I'd wrote it, I would have said that I remembered your birthday, like I always do, since it's 4/4. Happy birthday! :)
Happy happy happy happy HAPPY birthday Emily! I'm so sorry we're not there. I definitely would have made you a stellar cake! Love you guys!
Happy Birthday Em! Cute pictures :)
Happy Birthday Blondie. You're the best.
Love,
Dad
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (I've been at a dental conventional until now) but I wanted to say you are so beautiful! Inside and out! WE love you! Hope you have a fabulous birthday! Love, Cam
Happy Brithday Emily! You're the greatest, and I hope your day is wonderful!
Happy Birthday Emily! Yeah I was totally a monkey with ya Jacob:) You are so beautiful and inspiring Emily! You have pretty much done everything in your life that was in MY life plans but plans change....see child #1 and child #2. Love ya girl!!
What an awesome post! I'm her sister and I haven't seen some of those photos for a very long time. She was exceptionally chic for a first grader in the 80's, no?
Happy birthday Em! We love you!
We hope you had a happy birthday Emily! Love the pictures:)
HAPPY (late) B-DAY!! I loved all your old-school pics. Hope you had a great day. I told Aileena that I wanted to chill with you girls sometime soon cause... I MISS YA!!
Emily-- I just came across your blog, but I wanted to wish you a happy (late) birthday!! You are so beautiful, genuine, funny, talented...Jake is one lucky guy!!!
Emily-- I just came across your blog, but I wanted to wish you a happy (late) birthday!! You are so beautiful, genuine, funny, talented...Jake is one lucky guy!!!
miss emily ... so good to see you! and hear/read your sweet voice! your hair is supre cute and you look as beautiful as always. hope all is happy & healthy. much love! we have a blog, but we are private, so shoot me an email and i'll invite you. joelandlaura@gmail.com
ps ... happy birthday :)
I LOVED THIS POST! THANK YOU!
Happy birthday again Emily. You know how I feel about you. Great. That's how.
Emily-
You are such a beautiful person both inside and out! That was so nice of Jacob to do this post for you. Happy, happy birthday to you!!!
Emily I hope you had a fabulous birthday! You have an amazing way about you. Everyone loves to be with you because of who YOU are! I am so grateful to know you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Happy birthday to the cutest bubbliest girl ever. Hope you had a happy one!
Post a Comment