Reason #2: Birthday! Flowers from my sweet in-laws. They bloomed and became more and more beautiful over several days!
Reason #3: Birthday! Surprise dinner with April and Jimmer and a surprise party with friends afterward! From Jacob's estimation, everyone was waiting at the house for about an hour and a half before we actually showed up. Those are real friends. I know to add on about 3 hours to whatever time Jacob tells me an event will occur. So this was actually not so bad . . . ?
Reason #4: Indian food and a temporarily ex-long distance relationship. This week we hosted Jared's girlfriend, Adrienne, who lives in New York. This was a real treat having a dinner with both of them.
Reason #5: Best friends and pedicures. My feet are so happy to be the center of some positive attention. Aileena took me during the priesthood session last week to get our toes done, AND to the chocolate shop, AND to Express where I made out with a couple of cute tops. (See purple number below.) Isn't that the nicest thing? I still can't believe how sweet that was! I have yet to ever pay for my own pedicure! Love you Leen Bean!
Reason #6: Good theater. We were so lucky to be invited by our friends Carson and Erin to see this stellar production of The Miracle Worker at HCT. It was absolutely fantastic. When I see a good production, be it musical or otherwise, I am filled with a deep gratitude for and love of life. Last night was such a privilege. I am affected more than most, I'd say, with stories about people overcoming, and Helen Keller nears the top of the list. I've read her autobiography and the power of the human will, as evidenced by her life, is utterly awe-inspiring. Below are the overwhelming talents that played Anne Sullivan and little Helen Keller. If there's any way you can, see this production.
Reason #(lost count): A gourmet husband. Not only did he make his famous meatball dinner and pistachio ice cream for Carson, Erin, Adrienne, Jared, and me last night, today's creation from his epicurean imagination was chocolate cream puffs. And I am the lucky taster.
Reason #P.S.: Thanks for all of the sweet birthday wishes! That post and all your comments has made my week!
5 comments:
Thanks for blogging and telling us about your birthday.
Love,
Dad
You are too cute and beautiful! Sounds like you had an awesome birthday! I love being spoiled on my day! Pedicures and one of my favorite things to treat myself with too!
Oh and Happy birthday!
Emily-
Fiona (Stapley) Judd here...I was flipping through channels today, when lo and behold, I saw my long lost friend Emily on a Baby Your Baby commercial! How wonderful! I'd love to hear more about your movie star life and how you are doing! My email is fionajudd@gmail.com and my blog is www.nathanandfiona.com. Love ya, girl! And happy belated birthday!
That sounds like a perfect birthday - except I WASN'T THERE! Poo. Sounds like you managed to have fun anyway, so that's a relief. :)
Post a Comment