I can't remember the last time I carved a pumpkin. In fact, I don't know if I ever have. Maybe not recently because of my aversion to knives after an unfortunate incident with one involving my hand, a cordless phone, and a green bell pepper my second year of college. But anyway, Rick and Aileena were nice enough to invite me to do some carving at their place tonight, which was a relief and a kindness after an all-together less-than-thrilling day (involving a minor foot surgery and about 3.5 hours at the student health center, the latter of which was more miserable than the former. Ho hum.) So once again, I am so blissfully happy to say these two wonderful folks are near me. My life is so much sweeter now that they are. Not only did they provide for me a fun Halloween activity (as Jacob was working late at school) but a festive dinner and a costume...at least for my head.

Here is a true master at work.

Don't believe me...?

That would be Gandhi. Mahatma Gandhi.
And here is my creation after requiring at least twice as much effort and time as the peace leader pumpkin.

That's right, Mickey the Pooh. But hey, I carved!
5 comments:
What a fun night. Friends away from family are the best. And Ghandi rocks. That is really a great pumpkin.
Happy Halloween to you too!
Ok I tried to post this just now and it didn't work!
- I think Rick carved a really cool pumpkin last year in Japan although I don't remember what it was.
-Rick and Aileena always through very nice, welcoming, warm parties. Tell them I said so. I was so homesick last year in Japan and Aileena always brought a little bit of America and home holiday stuff to me. I don't know if I ever told her how much I appreciated that.
-Emily, purple/black hair suits you a lot more than one would expect! Then again you're always gorgeous.
Oh wow, that looks exactly like Ghandi! I can't believe it, I couldn't draw Ghandi on a piece of paper if somebody had a gun to my head (which Ghandi wouldn't like anyway) much less carve him out of a pumpkin. Incredible!
I'm glad you had some nice friends to take care of you, because I know how much you love holidays and all the trappings.
Can't wait to see you!
What fun to have a carving party. Most, if not all of the Halloween traditions went out the window for us this year. I'm not really sure it's November yet because of it. Thanks for the reminder about fun events and good friends.
Post a Comment