
This is what a producer looks like. Very convincing in this photo, isn't he? Here is a glimpse into the world of film--or to be more precise, a student commercial shoot promoting the VW Rabbit. I think Jacob and his peers have really stepped it up a notch in the last few years. The film program is becoming more and more prestigious and harder and harder to get into. Jacob and the number of other folks you see in the picture spend many a weekend and waking hour working on just such a shoot. For pay? No, this was a student shoot, remember? For recognition? No, other than this posting if you count that. Simply for the experience and sheer enjoyment of it, which utterly amazes me. I think film work is so tedious, so exact. It requires a deep well of patience I have yet, if ever, to develop. But here is my husband, just one of many in this collaborative effort, happy to be in his element. I'm so glad he's found his vocational love.


And here is what I produced this weekend:

Gingerbread cookies! And I'm happy to report, they turned out very well indeed! :)
13 comments:
Nicely done on the cookies! Jacob definitely looks "in his element".
mmm, I can almost smell the gingerbread through the computer screen. And Jake---good job! I can't imagine how long and tedious doing take after take and set up after set up must be (good thing you enjoy it!)
Jacob looks important:) And the cookies look very nummy!
Ah, film students. They at least were doing that for a class, right?
I would agree with the "stepping up" that has happened, I think it may have something to do with a specific mentor. Oh, to understand what drives film people, or more specifically film husbands.
If I could only have Jake's job with my paycheck!!!
I want to eat your cookies!!!:)
That is so exciting that Jacob is doing what he loves! That is what life is all about!
Those cookies look yummy!
Hey Jake and Emily,
In regards to the "M&M Bowling Night"... will you guys be in town Sat. Dec. 22? Does that evening work for you? Just throwing that date out there. Let me know.
Emily I am so happy that I found you guys! It has been fun reading up on all you are doing! Man I love blogs!! Kristine Cluff Komenda
check us out at cluffclan.blogspot.com
HI Emily,
Could you email me your email address? My mom actually has a question for you.Thanks and I hope all is well with you two!
Marie
marieallen@cox.net
Hi there darlin!
Wow, I guess it's been since junior high that I saw you
(This is Amanda Dufresne ---but now married --- Amanda Karpe!)
I found your page through Melissa formerly-Roit's site. How fun to see that you're married and doing so well! :) I really enjoy being able to connect with long-lost friends and acquaintances this way!
Hope your day is wonderful! Take care!
the cookies are cute! And I know how hard your hubby works, he's never around! Just kidding, but he does work very very hard.
Post a Comment