Monday, November 26, 2007

Home for Thanksgiving

SO much to be thankful for:

Happy birthday Parker! Thanks for inviting all of us to celebrate!


Happy haircut! 5 inches. I did it! Thanks Charisma!



Thanks my family for a DELICIOUS non-traditional Thanksgiving meal. I think we may need to make that a tradition!



Thanks my other family for the second of two wonderful Thanksgiving dinners. Thank you especially for the yam bake. Yum! And of course for letting me win at frisbee!


Thank you David for letting Rachel and me make you over like old times. And thanks for the late-night chats. Let's face it, you're one handsome dude.


Happy birthday Mom! Thanks for taking us to Enchanted, watching the Ultimate Gift, and for asking Rachel and me to sing with you in church. I love to do that!


Thanks dad for taking us to my favorite mexican restaurant, for braving the shops on the busiest day, for taking us test driving, and taking our Christmas card pictures. What a fun time!


Thanks Danette for coming and visiting with me. You are my life-long cousin. We have fun together, don't we?




Thanks Cami for inviting my mom and me to your baby shower. Thanks Peggy, Lorraine, Mindy, Maddi and friends for making the set-up as much fun as the party. Wasn't it beautiful?


Thanks Rachel for playing the piano and singing with me yesterday, and for reminiscing with me over our old collection of trolls. Thank you for being the world's greatest sister. I love you so much!


Thank you little Devlin for throwing your arms around me and saying, "Ohhh, I sure missed you so much!" Thank you for being my friend and my favorite nephew ever!


And thank you Miss Eve for all your hugs and for playing with my nylons during church and making us all laugh. And thank you for showing me your piggy shoes and where your tummy is.

And thank you my Jacob for always making me laugh. You are all my happiness, my best friend and true wuv. May you always know how grateful I am for you!!

10 comments:

Peg and Parker said...

Loved this post! Thank You for it. It was a great weekend wasn't it? The photos are awesome. So Let's do that again in a few weeks, can we? I love you both. Heart, Peg

The Wizzle said...

Oooh, great post! You got lots more pictures than I did this weekend. I really wanted to blog about David's makeover but I didn't think to get pics! Thanks for covering for me...:)

Macey said...

Wow! What a weekend! Way fun! In case you hadn't heard, Jamie B is getting married at the end of December :)

Cindy Spratling said...

You are such a good blogger Emily! Thanks for reminding us all the simple things to be grateful for. Visiting family is truely the best thing ever!
PS: I still haven't heard from Peggy if Dec. 22 works for bowling. If you happen to talk to her, throw that at her, k? Hope it works out. Thanks!

Melis said...

Fun post, Emily! Looks like you guys had a good time!

Samantha said...

You're awesome Emily. And I can hardly believe I have a friend who's as pretty as you. I'm so glad you had a good thanksgiving!

Samantha said...

Oh! And I like your haircut! Mine is a similar length now. But it doesn't look as good unfortunately.

The Austins! said...

Emily!!! Your hair looks GREAT!!! I love it!

Shandelle said...

Hey Emily! It's Shanee...remember me? LOL! Great "catching up" with you. You are doing some amazing things. And you look SO happy!
Great pictures too! You are absolutely beautiful!

Loretta and Richie said...

I really don't think there is a word that I have heard out of your mouth more than "thanks." You are a grateful girl and I love it. Glad you had such a great vaca in Mesa.