Saturday, October 20, 2007

F-U-N w/ F & F

I am so grateful for the wonderful people I have in my life. I think with recent events I have paid more attention to how very blessed I am in this department. Here are just a few of the many examples (in chronological order):

1. Jacob, my sweet, sweet boy decided to surprise me last month when I woke up to this.
I would always tease him, when the subject came up, that he never took me to a dance in high school (although I took him), and seeing how he is graduating in April (yea!) he decided it was now or never. So, he took me to dinner at Bombay House and to . . . Homecoming!
See this dance floor? This was taken before we had completely torn it up. I mean, high school was fun, but never like this! Of course we were older than the chaperones (chaperones . . . seriously?!) but they couldn't keep from complimenting us on our inventive dance moves. We had the BEST time.

2. Last weekend my mom, dad, and brother met us in Vegas for a weekend getaway. I love any chance I have to see these guys. I miss them everyday. We went and saw Jacob's brother Rob perform in Spamalot in Vegas (finally!), and he was really fantastic. That cast is lucky to have him. Thanks mom and dad for such a wonderful time!
3. And last night we celebrated for my best friend Aileena's birthday. Yea, happy 25th!! We were so excited to spend the evening with these two. We hadn't seen Rick since my graduation and it was some of the most fun we've had with them. We went out for Chinese food and rice pudding and started an Elizabeth Gaskell novel-turned-movie called North and South--birthday girl's pick of course.And I just have to say how hot Jacob looked last night. I couldn't stop telling him. And yes, since you're dying to know, that is a shirt that I picked out. :)

5 comments:

maccam said...

So cute Emily! Fun Homecoming pics. :) And just for the record, I watched North and South with Mac awhile ago. ...all 3-4(?) hours of it. I thought it was good.

The Wizzle said...

Wow, so fun! I can't believe Jacob is graduating in April. Seriously??? Did he get into some kind of special program where you get a degree in 2 months? It's gone sooooo fast - for me, of course, probably not so much for you...

Samantha said...

Fun times Emily! I love seeing what you two are up to even though I get sad b/c I wish I was a part of it all. Miss you guys.

Loretta and Richie said...

Awesome that you two went to homecoming! Love the pic in Vegas! It sounds like you had a great week.

Amy said...

that is hilarious about teasing Jake to take you to a dance. Those earrings rock. I hope you danced to match them!!