Tuesday, October 30, 2007

TGIT!

You heard me right--TGIT! That's because starting this week I have a new work schedule where I'm working longer days on Monday thru Friday, with the exception of Wednesdays. Because on Wednesdays I'M NOT WORKING! That's right! I have 37 full hours of discretionary time before I have to go to work. WOO HOO!!! So what am I going to DO? Good question. Here are some of the possibilites:

* Read the first book in the Twilight series. (I want to read How Mrs. Claus saved Christmas for the holidays, so we'll see how far I can get with this one.)
* Practice the piano. Easy, easy piano.
* Come up with Halloween costumes for Jacob and me, and then figure out how and where to show them off tomorrow night.
* Write songs.
* Take more amusing personality tests.
* Finalize my Christmas list for Santa.
* Watch an Audrey Hepburn movie, seeing as how I just finished her fascinating, 11-hour biography on cd today and I'm dying to watch her performances now that I know about all her secrets.
* Mmm...that's all the fun stuff I can think of for now.

In reality, I will need to go to the doctor, shop for groceries and do the laundry.

Oh wait, I thought of one more:
* Nap. :)

Lest you think I am happy for a day off because I don't really, really like my job, let me set the record straight.

This is where Jacob and I spent the weekend, compliments of my work...

That would be a 5 diamond lodge in the gorgeous, fall-covered mountains complete with an all night swimming pool and hot tub, valet parking, and delicious, all you can eat meals, where Jacob and I stayed not one, but TWO nights as I was asked to sing "The Prayer" at dinner both nights. Plus, I was on the clock for it. Not bad.

But nevertheless, tomorrow is mine!

5 comments:

Michael said...

WOW - nice digs. I may have to turn in my man card for saying this, but I can't get enough of those Twilight books. You're going to love them.

Amy said...

sweet! I love paid vacations!

I have yet to read the first Twilight book also.

Samantha said...

Man, how come some people get such sweet jobs?

I want to see what you guys dressed up as, if you came up with something.

Loretta and Richie said...

So glad you are excited about your new schedule... and nice lodge!

The Wizzle said...

Um, I want your job. Actually, I like my job really a lot but my employers are really cheap and paid vacations are *not* part of the deal.