There are a few things about me you should know if you don't already, I love to be in the middle of the action. I love cities like New York and Las Vegas where everything is happening all around you, and there are lights, and movies and tv shows are based on these places. I find it all very enthralling. We were in line at the Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego on the first day at 4 AM and we did wait in line for about another 6 hours on the second day, but it honestly wasn't bad. I made friends and I was right in the middle of it all. I didn't have to be one of the ones that just watched it on tv, I was there! I lived it! (Now, of course, I wouldn't recommend this unless you, like me, actually WANTED to know what this was like.)
So, here we are in line on the day of the acutal audition at about 5 AM. Trust me, this picture doesn't do it justice. There were at least 12,000 people that auditioned that day.
Here is me proving that yes, in fact, I really did this! And I really enjoyed myself!
Still don't believe me?
And (drumroll, please) the results . . . (I'm too lazy to fix it, would you mind just looking sideways?)
And I can honestly say, I was only minorly disappointed. Jacob at the end of it all was like, "That was pretty painless." What an angel. They wouldn't release a final count of how many people they took, but it was somewhere around 1%, and that was the good AND the bad. Just for the record, I nailed my audition.
Truth be told, I don't really care about the show, I just want a record deal. And my chances would probably be better by mailing in a letter with some cookies to the president of Capitol Records, which I may just try. I will say this though, I am surprisingly satisfied with myself for having done this. I am a self-proclaimed chicken when it comes to taking big risks--This was gutsy and I am dang proud of myself for actually doing it. I worked very hard to get to this audition, and I grew tremendously from it. I took lessons from the premiere pop voice teacher in Utah and I sang better than I've ever sung in my life! This was about the scariest thing I could think of doing on the face of this earth and not only did I survive it, I was fabulous! And yes, I say that without apology.
All in all, we had an unforgettable, wonderful time. We were lucky enough to stay with Mindy and Eldon, Jacob's aunt and uncle who were so kind to host us. We had the best time with them. They have the sweetest kids. We went for a hike on the beach, got frozen yogurt, watched Honey I Shrunk the Kids, jumped on the trampoline, and they gave us hugs all the time and fought over who got to sit by us! Jacob and I were able to go to dinner, go shopping, nap, and go to the beach. And seriously, does that boy love water!
And onward we go in our quest, to reach the unreachable star!
5 comments:
Emily! I'm so proud of you for going over there! What an awesome experience! I'm sure you did fabulous!
You rock, Em! I'm so glad you got to have that experience. You could totally rock AI, in all seriousness, but I can imagine how hard it would be to choose your contestants from one little audition. Their brains must just be too fried to recognize the real thing when it's standing in front of them.
But I, my dear, am VERY proud of you!
Fun trip!! I can't believe you didn't make it though. B/c there are so many people on that show that you can sing much better than. I'd LOVE to see you on TV! But I hope you get your record deal. I'll buy your cd.
I can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!!
My kids still can't believe you didnt make it. You have seriously shaken their faith in American Idol. They keep asking why you didn't make it because you had the best voice they ever heard. They are going to be suspicious this season.
We hope to see you in San Diego again soon.
I love the picture of your mom and grandma- I like those two ladies alot too!
Post a Comment