It's a darn shame. Once again, the computer with all the useful pictures is not accessible and I am left to blog about my sweet mother-in-law with a picture that is approaching 4 years old. I looked everywhere--in my emails, Jacob's emails, even on her own blog and I could not find a single picture she had promoted of herself. (There is a lot I can learn from this woman.) So here she is, the vision in red just to the left of my tidy husband (just pretend I'm not in it.)
Peggy is perpetually cheery. I don't know that I've ever had a conversation with her where she hasn't quoted a song or delivered a very polished joke. Reading her blog is, I might say, an excellent read when you need a pick me up. She is also an impeccable seamstress and a cook (you'll want to remember her name because she will be a Pillsbury Recipe Prize winner in the very near future.) Rather you could say she is an expert in all things homemaking: making quilts (one of which, I can say with almost certainty, each of her 6 children and 2.5 grandchildren have, personalized of course to their taste,) gift wrapping (she, along with the rest of the family have shown me the error of my ways in gifting with sticky bows), hosting parties (large and small, come one come all, even on a moment's notice because I am also part magic fairy,) service projects (she's awesome with this one, she made an inspirational quilt with favorite quotes and scriptures collected by her friends from church to give to another woman in the ward who was battling cancer,) and though she considers herself to be technologically challenged, she emails, texts, blogs, and iChats with the best of them. Luckily, (good girl) she also knows how to treat herself and got a pedicure today, in her signature color of course, true to form.
Simply put, this woman is amazing and today is her special day. She is a wonderful mother and a wonderful person and we are so glad to call her ours. HAPPY STINKIN' BIRTHDAY!! XOXO
5 comments:
Emily!!! Yay! I found your blog! It all started with a random message from someone to my myspage page which I don't use anymore and then I saw a link to someone from Mesa and I swear, everyone in Mesa is connected to everyone else in Mesa. Its like that whole 6 degrees away from everyone in the world theory---people in Mesa are all 2 degrees away from each other. ANYWAY: you look beautiful in your wedding dress. I think the last time I saw you was about 5:30pm in the fall of 2002 at BYU and you were in a musical which you were stressing about because your stupid humanities classes were overwhelming you and the professors were being ununderstanding beasts. (is that a word?) Wow, its been a while, eh?
I agree with everything you said on this one Emily. Maybe I should have posted more than a picture on our blog for Pegs birthday? You outdit me for sure. Thanks a ton. I'm supposed to be the favorite daughter-in-law (since I was the first by quite a few years) and you and Camille are outdoing me. Slow it down girls, slow it down. Luv ya.
Hi Emily! I am, yet, another person to have found your blog after a long time. How are you? You are so beautiful, it makes me ill! When I opened the picture of your wedding, I wanted to call everyone into my office at work and say, "I know her - personally." So, hope you are well and I miss you and your Michael Jackson dancing and tour bus singing.
Dear Ones, I thank you for your kind words and wonderful wishes on my Birthday. You two were the Birthday Bookends of Best Wishes on my Birthday. Is that an alliteration? What a day! If I were as great as you say I would not have backed up laundry and burned cookies and all the things that keep our feet on the ground, still I thank you for saying it. I heart you! Peg
Aw, gotta love ya some Peg. Seriously. She's such a breath of fresh air. Cute post sister.
Liz, agreed. Emily is beautiful.
Post a Comment