
This weekend has been a joyous reuniting of old and far away friends who were nice enough to make time in their ever busy schedules to hang with us.
Kevin, the gentleman on the far left (in the lovely periwinkle shirt, which Liz--on his right--and I both admired), graduated college yesterday. CONGRATS! And we were lucky enough to host him for a few days before his family came. And I do say lucky enough. He and Jared (the one remaining in the photo that isn't my husband, whom we've hosted for a few weeks while he finds a post-college apartment) are wonderful house guests, so helpful and appreciative. Of course, we've known them since high school and they've always been great. And, did I mention, they're single?

If that wasn't enough to make for an exciting weekend, our college friends Samantha and Will came to visit all the way from the midwest! Well, Will's brother was getting married so it wasn't all for us, but still, they squeezed us in! We went to the Olive Garden which is a special place for us. The last time we four went Jacob ordered tiramisu which has real coffee (gasp!) in it, and I scolded him for it. I have tried but I'm just not a fan of the aroma, and I don't enjoy our smooching as usual when it's coffee-twinged. Anyway, Samantha especially got a kick out of the exchange, so much so that she wrote it into her play for her playwriting class. That scene, she tells us, got big laughs. (See why we like these guys?)
P.S. (Jacob just paused the show we were watching to tell me that the reason women wear mascara is the same reason movies are in widescreen. Just think about that one for a minute . . . A film buff, truly.)

So, Will and Sam, they had a little baby girl last month and here she is: Miss Zara Juliet. This was just after lunch during her "cute time" as her mother calls it. And, to her credit, she did put on quite a show for us--the baby, not her mother. Adorable.
9 comments:
What a lovely name! I've said it before and I'll say it again. I wish we had room for houseguests - I like them. :)
hey! fancy finding you! are you two in arizona or off exploring the world? -darby
OK chickie, I posted a comment on your friend's blog about the wrap, but in case she doesn't email me back can you send me her email addy so I can drop her a line? I wasn't sure if your old email address was still working since you said you were going to get a new one, so I thought I'd try here. Fanks! :D
We love you guys!!!! I miss you already.
Thats so funny she named her baby Zara---just last month I noticed that was the name of some composer in the LDS hymnal.
hmmmm all my buddies, look who forgot to call. you better 'member next time. The pics are cute. Fun. Fun.
Emily! Hey it looks like you had a way fun weekend with some old friends. Fun! We'll have to all get together sometime.
I wanted to see Will and Sam too. But yes anytime friends are in town that we both know, call me up! Chances are I'll want to come over. But don't worry about me being mad I'm totally not- just wanted to see you and them:)
How fun! Tell JC hi for me...I'll always love that kid. {In an "I idolize your hilarity & coolness/I'm married kind of way, of course}Aw, fun friends.
I want ice cream.
Post a Comment