Friday, August 3, 2007

No Place Like Home

Alright, I know I'm going out of order here, but I had to wait til I could use Jacob's computer for the pics. We went home to AZ! July 20 thru the 24th. It was so fun to see both of our families there, we get so spoiled when we visit. People fight over our time and we're treated to movies (Hairspray!), dinners (Rosa's and La Fontanella), shopping (Nordstrom, in all its varieties), books (Harry Potter, book 7!)--they're too good to us. My favorite thing about going home, though, is feeling like I'm home. We've been living away from our family for too long. It does make the time we do spend together extra special, but it is always, always too short.

One look at these beautiful photographs and you'll know what I mean. It's okay, I'm cool with sharing--I'd want to call them my family too, if I weren't me.

These are my babies. Okay, okay, they're not mine but I have no shame in purposely arranging myself between them when we're in public so as to deceive passersby. My sister's so kind to go along with it, I'm sure she compassionately views it as a harmless sort of denial. :)

This is quickly becoming my favorite picture, maybe of my life. These are two of the greatest women I know, my mother, Lana, on the left and my grandmother, Kay. My grandma, in case you can't deduce from the snapshot, loves bling. Here she is admiring my mother's latest addition to her extensive jewelry collection (I am simply a product of my genes, this one goes way back.) Kay also loves Elvis, twins (she herself had two sets), fancy dolls and plates (the ones you display with pictures on them.) Oh yeah, and she plays the accordion. We were there with my sister, my babies, and she and little Devlin treated us to the most precious rendition of Danny Boy.

I'm not sure whose idea this was but I have a feeling it came somewhere from the Mo-Phat side of the table. Need I say more, really? They're a loveable bunch with an insatiable appetite for cheap entertainment.

Isn't she beautiful? Rachel, the world's most witty blogger and the true mom of my babies (sigh.)

Here they are again (most of my folk, that is) all together. My brother David got that cool tiki-wooden cup thing for free! when he ordered a pina colada. We were all so excited about it. (P.S. Doesn't he look great? My sister and I took him shopping and we think he looks fabulous, and he was very happy too--which I promise wasn't secondary.) And the only one that hasn't yet been officially introduced is my superhero dad on the end. He really is a superhero. If there was any doubt of that when I was growing up, the last 18 mos. has definitely solidified it.

We love you family! Thank you all for such a wonderful time! An ocean of love and a kiss on every wave! XOXO

4 comments:

The Wizzle said...

I love you too Em! You look pretty nice with my babies on your lap. :)

We miss you already. Hopefully we'll get to visit you sometime. The kids were really good to and from CA so it gives me hope.

Samantha said...

This was such a sweet post Emily! I love that you are posting often, by the way.

You and your sister are so pretty!

I'm hoping we'll be in SLC on Friday the 17th for long enough to see you guys - I'll let you know, but does that work? Maybe we can meet and eat somewhere or something?

Again, this was a sweet post.

hanner said...

I just found this link on Meg's blog, I wish that I could experience your funny experiences first-hand but I guess this is good enough!

angiedunn said...

yay! i've been trying to find you guys! for some reason, i haven't been able to link to ya?! anywhoooo...you guys look like you are doin' well & had a rockin' time in az. ps...emily, you are so stinkin' pretty, and hello, could i BE coveting your pink shoes on the last post of this page anymore??? probably not.