Thursday, August 9, 2007

Jingle All the Way


Okay, now we've all heard those stories about unusual names like Nosmoking (pronounced noz-mo-KING) and Orangejello (pronounced o-RAWN-jell-o) (which frighteningly, seem to be two of Jacob's favorites), but today I actually met someone with a name that trumps anything I've ever heard of which there is actual physical proof. But before I disclose this bit of wisdom, let me just say that I am an avid researcher of names. You may find that if you announce in my vicinity that you (or your spouse, whatever) are expecting, the possible names for your baby will be one of the first questions I ask. Or if your name has multiple spellings or is otherwise unusual, I will ask for you to spell it for me. Why? Because I think names are facinating. So I feel very privileged to have met this woman today, to have been one of the chosen few to say, officially, I know someone named . . . (the suspense is mounting) . . . (here it comes) . . . Jingle Bell.

2 comments:

Stevens said...

Hi Emily (Dalton right?). I am not sure if you remember me but I know you from High School and I know the moffat family from my old ward. I am Melissa Dunford (now Stevens). I used to hang out with Marianne Smith alot. Have you heard from her? I love your blog. You're so funny! Here is my blog...danmelissa.blogspot.com

The Wizzle said...

Yeah, will you please inform Jacob A. that Orangejello and Lemonjello are OLD NEWS in name geek circles? Seriously, my boss told me that joke 5 years ago and he isn't exactly hip to all the latest buzz if you see where I'm going with this. They do not exist and everyone has heard about them anyway!

But Jingle Bell is new to me, so well done there. Are you still digging Virginia?