Friday, September 3, 2010

Confessions Pt. 2

I think fresh blueberries are one of the best foods known to man, and eating them on my cereal in the morning makes me feel like I'm indulging in pure luxury.

Sometimes I think Target is too expensive.

I have bought (so far) 5 pairs of drapes for our large window in the front room and have yet to be fully satisfied with the resulting look. It needs a valance perhaps? But I will have to make it. But I have the material because of drape purchase #3. What to do, what to do.


I have over a month of very important material to blog about and I'm stalling, for no other reason than it's A LOT to catch up on. Hence, present post.

I visit People.com on a daily basis. I am the resident expert on utterly useless celebrity news.

I have daydreams about meeting John Mayer and getting to tell him how much his music means to me. And, I think I will really get the chance someday.

I just took a break from this post to eat a few handfuls of fresh blueberries.

I want to be one of those idealistic folk who naturally wakes up at 6 AM, exercises, and is all together ready to seize the day by 8:30 or 9. My present wake time is around 10:30.

I recently bought 8 boxes of Special K cereal to get a free 10-minute Solutions workout DVD. Only 5 boxes were required, but 3 of the first 5 purchased were not "specially marked."
•Note missing UPC label in bottom left corner.

I love when my husband sings along to my piano playing, which is more like he sings the line that I'm currently playing which I then finish 30-60 seconds or so later.

I almost always have my phone on the wrong setting: silent or not.

I have a terrible time closing up the ironing board. I simply can't get it to stay.

If Project Runway is the determinant, my husband may have better fashion sense than me.

I love to Pledge, that is dust with a lemon-scented, shine-making spray.

I made banana oatmeal pancakes for breakfast for Jacob and me yesterday and felt like a hero. They were delicious!

I have long since gobbled up that entire 16 oz. box of blueberries and have taken a full 5 days to finish this post. Whew! Enjoy!

3 comments:

The Wizzle said...

I love this post. We have some differences, but I think at this point it is clear that we are sisters. You have curtains, I have paint! Ha!

Also, my phone is *always* on the wrong setting. Always. I never remember to change it until whichever setting it was on has made itself a nuisance somehow, be it ringing in sacrament meeting, or missing an important call because it was off.

And I'll tell you a secret: there aren't enough house in the day. Seriously. I can do *most* things that are really important on any given day, but I cannot do them all. I cannot exercise, take care of the kids, take care of the house, cook, spend time with my man, and get "downtime" for myself. Plus any "extras"? Forget it. Notice I didn't even mention showering, applying makeup, or Facebooking. Hmmm.

maccam said...

I LOVE this post too! AND I LOVE the CURTAINS! I think they go so well. And- whatever! I think of you as the perfect person who wakes up and does everything right...exercise, etc. If only I could be like Emily! :) [no sarcasm!]

The McKay's said...

I am so glad I got you to LOVE Pledge! Isn't it amazing? Are you ready to take it to the next level? :)