This amazing woman. She celebrated her birthday during the 3-week shoot and here she is holding my measly little gift to her. Wish it were the world for how much sweat and love she put into working the craft table and keeping me standing some days. This ear-to-ear grin she kept up everyday, 15 hours a day, 6 days a week serving food and cooling drinks in 105 degree heat. I could not have made it without her. I told her I will love her forever for doing this, not like I could ever plan to do anything otherwise. She's our saving grace. We love you, Peg!
Chris and Kent Rhodes, Jacob's aunt and uncle, graciously housed all these visitors during the shoot, in addition to ALL the food during production as well. Which means we, in essence, completely took over their guest rooms, garage, kitchen & appliances, front room, driveways and various nooks and crannies with all things craft. They are saints. Absolute saints and I'm not overstating it. Sundays were our days off and what did they do? Invite us to dinner at their house, each and every one. God bless those sweet, generous souls. I could never, ever repay them.
Well there's more, lots more, but you'll have to check it out here because I can't post pictures from set. We'll be sure to keep you posted on the movie's submission status in the festival circuit. Go "Ben Banks!"
Ahhh, back to reality. Almost.
As if we hadn't been treated enough by family, Rich and Lo came down to visit with their three kids, too, the Sunday after we wrapped! We were all so, so, so happy to see them. We live the furthest from them so the chance to see them is always a special thing for all of us. We had a mini, early birthday party for Cameron, who turned 5 September 1st. This is her expression after just discovering those are trick candles on her cake. Dog-gone-it, she blew that sucker out! She's persistent!
Sound like a whirlwind? It was and it has been and now it's all been recounted. Looking back on all of it I can't help but think how lucky we are. My family was there calling and texting their support on top of letting us use their beautiful car to cart the talent around. Jacob's family was there in person and spirit and we did it! It took an army but we did it! And now I could not be happier to be back at home in my bed, next to my honey, with just the two of us. 'Til the next adventure, eh?
7 comments:
Holy smokes, girl, you must have been blogging every minute since you got home! I'm soooo glad you had so much support and this is all done and now you can relax (for a minute!) and move on to the next thing.
I'm so glad you posted this. You guys were crazy ~busy~! I hope you are getting rest now, but it looks like it was tons of fun. I love that they have pregnant women parking!
As always-an eloquent and adequate post. Love you! Congrats on the huge accomplishment of kickin Ben Bank's butt! So proud of everyone! (PS-So jealous of the RPM III sighting!)
The title of your post is hilarious. Hey, we are in San Diego now! I know getting together isn't too realistic, because it sounds like you guys are crazy busy, and we will be too once school starts. But if you are ever down our way (or if we are traveling north), it would be great to see you.
On another subject, I need your bread-making advice. Do you ever make a sandwich loaf? Bread that can be sliced easily and will hold together even with food stuffed in between slices? I've never successfully made good sandwich bread. I need some good recipes!
miss you guys already! let me know when the "get-back-to-normal" hibernation is complete and lets play!
HA HA- I just read your title of this blog and laughed out loud! HA!
Wow, how fun! Busy busy. Glad you could help with craft :)
Post a Comment