Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Confessions

I cry every time I watch Mufasa die in The Lion King.

I have the license plate from my home state hanging prominently in my garage since I can no longer keep it on my car.

I am always in the midst of an obsession. Former obsessions have included: couches, jobs, Michael Jackson, paint colors, denim jumpers. Current obsession: real estate

I have been taking pictures of myself on a regular basis for the last two weeks simply to better assess my new haircut.*This is today's.
**I'm laughing because my husband is chastising me for taking pictures and fussing about my hair.

I hate long-distance running.

I spent my three years of high school cheering in the stands at football games when everyone else did, and not because I had even a clue about the rules of the game.

I have planned out what I will say for my Oscar acceptance speech, which is updated on an as needed basis.

I never tire of receiving compliments.

My favorite thing about going to a movie is my husband's face in the dim, blue lighting.

I collect baby name books. (Rachel's Tagging: 1. Pick up the nearest book (one of at least 123 pages). 2. Open the page to 123. 3. Find the 5th sentence. 4. Post the next 3 sentences: Hannah, Abigail, and Isabella
(6, 7, and 8 of the Top 100 Most Popular names for 2004--from "The Complete Idiot's Guide to 30,000 Baby Names.")

I have Celine Dion, Elmo, and Winnie the Pooh on my key chain.

Until very recently, I thought a credit card opened a locked door when wiggled in the keyhole.

I have never walked past Bath & Body Works without a whiff or a squirt.

My husband out-cooks me.

I once bought a $180 pair of jeans. Worth. Every. Penny.

I always like to know what time it is.

Not until very recently have I been fully committed to flossing.

I won Brad Paisley concert tickets three weeks ago, gave them away, then immediately regretted it.

I've had a compelling and inexplicable desire since last month to do a puzzle.

Tonight I watched Biggest Loser and ate reese's pieces.

14 comments:

hanner said...

I think that your hair looks GREAT. I'm a big advocate for shorter hair on anyone!

And I think that we all need to do a little more confessing. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

em you are so fun! i love your blog

Candice Warby said...

I think you are hilarious. Random. $180 dollars, really? Amazing. Aren't you supposed to tag someone after a list like that?

Lisa said...

Em you are so funny! I remember when I bumped into you and Jake at the airport and we sat together on the flight and you were telling me how obsessed you were with baby names. You were rattling off a bunch of your fav. and Jake was just smiling and shakin his head. Don't worry I am obsessed with names too! I check out baby books at the library ALL the time! We need to bump into each other again sometime:) Heart, Lisa McFarland Bitter (mattandlisab@blogspot)

The Wizzle said...

OH, I've been so remiss in checking blogs lately! Nice post, you're adorable as always. I totally dig your hair, very sassy. :)

Michael said...

Mufasa dies? Thanks for spoiling the whole movie for me.

Ashley (Belnap) Whiting said...

Emily! Hey stranger, how are you?! Your hair looks fabulous!! I know what you mean about obsessing over your new "do", I just cut 10 inches off and I am still going crazy over it:) I am so glad I found you!!

maccam said...

Emily- you crack me up!!! I love your confessions. ~And your hair. Do you cut it shorter or is that an angle? Because if feels like once I cut my hair I never stop. Yours is adorable! Love ya girl! Cam

Lindsay said...

Emily I can totally hear you when I read your confessions! You crack me up! Stay in touch!

Samantha said...

Dude, I can relate to just about every one on here. Let me say also that I take pics of my new haircut, and every time almost, I have thought it looked better when I look in the mirror than it did in the picture. I choose to believe the mirror there. Unless I look better in the picture and then I believe my mirror hair and my picture face.

Anna said...

Miriam, Jane, Sylvia, Eleanor, Joseph, Willum, Cary, Kelley...to name a few.

By the way, I have one very specific memory of you. You came with me to Flagstaff for a dance intensive, while we were there, we tuned in to the radio to listen to some country music favorites. I will never forget how your reacted to one song...you jumped and danced and sang at the top of your lungs.."When I think about rain, I think about singing!!!"

You are still one of my favorite people. Maybe one day I'll see you again. :)

angiedunn said...

This was AWESOME!

And, you're TOTALLY gonna win an Oscar someday! Way to live in "the secret", yo.

Peg and Parker said...

They say the difference between a good haircut and a a bad one is - "two weeks", but what should you care your hair looks great every way you wear it. And I not only cry when Mufasa dies, but when Rafiki says, "Look Harder", and Simba finally gets it... then I cry again. I'm no longer obsessed with baby names, but I still love some as favorites, so I must be in a good club! Heart, Peg

Aileena said...

those weren't a surprise to me. But you know what it, why we haven't hung out! We need to get together. You and jake should read stuff white people like. Its so funny, and telling. I have a link on my blog. Love you. Aileena