Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bowling Frames

This has been a weekend of victories, seemingly small, but not so for this little lady. Jacob has always been a fantastic bowler. I remember seeing him play in high school once and he yelled across the alley to me before one of his turns, "This one's for you, Emily!" and sure enough, strike! Right on cue. He even had a bowling ball engraved with my name on it but that story, in all its varieties, is for another time. Needless to say, his bowling stamina is a greater than mine, so when we go together, like last night, he bowls a few extra games by himself. His best score is a 279 (perfect is 300 by the way) and mine before last night was a 114. That's right, before last night. Last night I had the sheer pleasure of beating my brilliant bowling beau at his own game. And here is the proof:
132 to 126. Let me say that one more time: 132 to 126. And please take note of all those lovely X's at the end of my score. This chicken got a big, fat turkey. Thank you, thank you very much.

My other point of victory I really owe to my honey who worked so hard to help me accomplish what seemed for so long to be a task that would never be accomplished. Our frames have been mended, filled with actual pictures, and mounted in their permanent resting places. I can't believe it. These are on display in our front room:




And these are in the guest room: Look at all my cute nieces and nephew!

Y'all never looked so good. :)

7 comments:

angiedunn said...

I love collage frames such as these! They look so cute. Such happy memories & faces! I love them above your couch! Good work, and way to be the cutest couple ever.

maccam said...

Emily, those are so cute! Good job decorator! And as for the bowling score...AWESOME! I won't even say how I am at bowling.

Marie said...

I am very proud of you and your winning bowling score! Way to be. And Your frames look very classy/homey. Very nice!

Peg and Parker said...

I echo each comment and add my own... that is very cool that you two constantly do fun things together and work on the little nest to make it lovely. I love that you have photos of all those you love in your frames. Very homey and welcomey. Are those words?

The Wizzle said...

Hey, nice job on the bowling score! When I beat David (not like this happens a lot) then I be sure *everyone* knows about it! And I have never gotten a turkey, nicely done there!

And why is it SO difficult to get photos in the frames? I have had a jewelry box that has a collage frame on the front, and it is empty. Still. I got it for Christmas. 2006. I did finally take out the creepy stock photos, at least, so I don't have some random guy with a unibrow and his adorable family staring down at me while I sleep...

And of course I notice my darling children featured prominently in all your frames so I approve of that, naturally.

Amy said...

Emily, you are stylish. Your apartment just reeks of fashion, I can tell. What a gift! (I totally wish I had your taste in design) :)

Loretta and Richie said...

Loved the frames (saw them in person). Thanks for hanging with the girls on V Day! Love ya, Loretta