Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Day Our Blog Started


I wanted to share with you a little life discovery I've made recently. If something is really difficult, try to make it easier. This lovely little grocery list is one of those very things. My mother used to do this--type her grocery lists and circle the things she needed for the week. As I noticed myself spending at least an hour at the grocery store every week, wandering from aisle to aisle, back and forth, oh I've got to go back to the other end because I forgot this, and then getting in line only to remember something else I forgot, grumbling to myself at the checkout for all the trouble this had caused me, I decided my mother had a good idea. And since I shop at the same store every week, I decided to write down the aisle numbers with the corresponding products and group them accordingly on my own personalized grocery store list. Now I am one happy camper at the Smith's store! I go from one end of the store to the other in one grand swoop! And I even have a spot in the bottom right corner to write my recipes for the week. I know, you wish you were as clever. This is just one bright example of the recent improvements I've made in my life. Thank you, thank you. Stay tuned next time to see what we've done to our house!

And just a little note, since this is Father's Day. I have three such men I'd like to make mention of: my sweet husband, Jacob, who spent his whole day yesterday, during the weekend of the US Open no less, helping me with afore-mentioned house improvements; my father, Paul, who embodies every complimentary adjective in existence, but whose title my mother has so appropriately abbreviated to, "Mr. Sweet"; and to my father-in-law Parker, who is the kind of father who has raised the kind of sons you want to marry. I love you!

And here, for your viewing pleasure, is a picture of the authors of this beautiful gem of literature (this here posting), from the day our blog started (that would be today.)

6 comments:

Paul Dalton said...

a1Nice job, Emmy. I like to make one sweep through the grocery store too, but that never happens.
Thanks for the nice Father's Day wishes.
Love,
Dad

Macey said...

Welcome to blogger-world! I love the shopping list...maybe someday I will copy the idea...we'll see. Have a great day!

Samantha said...

Emily, that picture made me sad b/c it made me miss you guys a lot!

I think your shopping list is a great idea. And if you have any good recipes, send them my way because I am terrible at cooking/meal planning and I can use all the help I can get.

I'm so glad you're blogging now too! Blog lots and I'll comment all the time! Come read our blog if you haven't! Baby pictures will be coming soon. Well, after baby comes, that is.

I miss you guys!! I can't wait for pics of your house. I love that stuff. Your apt. is such a cute place anyway, I bet it looks amazing now.

Peg & Parker said...

You are too cute! I should follow your example and start the blog thing myself. It is "the" thing. Love you guys and thanks for letting us be in the loop!

The Wizzle said...

Aw, tender. I knew I recognized that grocery list! Mom does have some good ideas. I'm so excited to have a new blogging friend!

Can't wait to see you! I get excited every day because you guys are coming down. *vibrates with anticipation*

Unknown said...

Emily... my roommate and I were pontificating on your quite brilliant idea (the list) that we two are admittedly too lazy to follow... however, we need that hour (at the store) in our lives to not be home (and I think you get my meaning). However, we thought, if you were really fancy you could even laminate the thing and then circle your stuff with a dry erase marker... see- we are just all about saving trees...great idea!