Saturday, June 23, 2007

The BEST Day



I would not anticipate this to be a regular occurence, two postings in one day, but today was too good of a day to not write about it the day that it happened.


Today we did our workout (see below) and errands as usual, then we had this brilliant idea to go swimming. The weather's been perfect for it and we haven't been in a LONG time. So we decided to go swim suit shopping and then show off our findings at the pool. Uh, good idea, slim pickings. No great luck for swim suits. So we decided instead to spend our money on shoes (for me, isn't he so sweet?) that were half off at Charlotte Russe. Well, at least the pair I wanted were half off because they were the last size left, and since this was the BEST day, you guessed it, they fit perfect, and cost a grand total of $12.24. (There is nothing like a great find!) So then we went to Kmart and bought a magazine, some sunblock, and some hot new sunglasses. And then to the 7 eleven to get slurpies! I can't remember the last time I had a slurpie! And why?! They're so good! Orange cream for Jacob and tangerine lime and pina colada for me. Then finally at about 5:30 we soaked up the sun at the the pool with the slurpies and an Elle magazine starring Kelly Clarkson in tow. At one point Jacob moved his chair to the edge of the pool and made a contest for the the divers to see whose splash could get him the wettest. We just now got back from dinner at Los Hermanos and we're back at the house to eat some of Jacob's famous homemade ice creams (vanilla and pistachio) and watch Trekkies. Life is sweet.




P.S. (In case you can't tell those fabulous fuschia peep-toe pumps are the very shoes we purchased today, care of the beautiful gentleman to the right of them.)

3 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Wow, that does sound like The Best Day Ever! I'm glad you guys had so much fun - you deserve it.

Samantha said...

Emily you crack me up. And I miss you a lot.

the Gardners said...

Sorry, I was blog stalking...this is Lance's sister. From the background it looks like the Wymount pool. If so, I think I may have been there that day at the pool for the contest, but I didn't quite know what was going on over in that end! That is hillarious!