Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy Green Pancakes Day! #30

Today is Jake's 30th birthday!!! Can't believe he's 30! Can't believe I'm married to a 30-year-old. Can't believe how soon I'll be joining him. Oy . . .



This morning we had his traditional birthday breakfast of Green Pancakes, and a new favorite: green smoothie. (With spinach and kiwi in the top ingredients, the drink was quite an extraordinary green!) And the pancakes were no ordinary pancakes, either. They were Poofy Pancakes! Also known as German Pancakes! Also known as Hootin' Annies! Whatever!

This is how it came out of the oven! How's that for presentation?


It was so nice to spend the morning with him. My mom's been visiting for Spring Break, which has been nice because since he started his new gig, we've hardly seen him. And I mean, the night before his birthday he was home at 2 AM from work and back out again at 6 AM to write. I keep hoping things will get easier someday, and still, here we are. Hope his health and stamina can see him through his thirties, to say nothing of my sanity!

But we did manage to snag a couple pictures!

See? Proof! He was actually in the house during waking hours on his birthday, yay! I love the "matching" pajamas!


And he even ate a meal here, which, delightedly, was very well received!

Someone's suspicious of his first bite of green pancakes!

Oh, not so scary after all, Sam I Am! They were delicious!

Yes, we are very lucky to have Jacob. He works so hard, and I know he's doing it for us. I admire him in so many ways, but perhaps my favorite thing about him is how happily he approaches life. Jake is an optimist in the truest sense. He rarely worries and when he does, the bout doesn't last long. The silver lining, or pot of gold, or birthday breakfast is perpetually right around the corner. We love you, Jake! Have a wonderful, fabulous year!!

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Wonderful post. You are a great wife and mother! Love all the green!

Anonymous said...

So cute! We had poofy pancake today too. :) Happy birthday Jake!

Samantha said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We love and miss you both so much. Also that is one heckuva cute baby, holy cow. Also that is one heckuva cute rug!

Beth said...

love catching up on your blog em! hey...where did you get that rug on the last shot - that jasper's laying on?

Emily Moffat said...

Hey Beth! We got th rug at overstock.com. Glad you like it!