Wednesday, March 21, 2012

9 months old!

Watch out world! Here I come!!

Our little guy is 9 months old! He's crawling (still army crawling, think lizard with the side to side action--and he's FAST!), drinking from a sippy cup (hooray!!), opening cupboards, standing and walking with assistance, and his latest tricks are yelling, spitting (sound like a boy?) and doing this:

That's right, we have a yogi on our hands! No, I did not catch this on camera by chance. He does this "down dog" all the time. It used to be "plank," now it's this. Do I see "tree" in our future . . . ?


But of course, there's a little snoozing in there, too. But only when it's ABSOLUTELY necessary!

SO YUMMY!!!

I have no idea how a person could sleep in a position like this! What can I say--he's special!


Here comes the smolder! Having some fun styling his HAIR!!

Mommy love.

Daddy love.


Can you find our little explorer? He used to stay in the front room, but now he wanders everywhere. Of course, he prefers whatever room his parents are in--he whimpers the minute we're out of sight. (Sound like a dog? I know, a little crude comparison perhaps, but I've come to think there's a special age where a baby resembles a dog, and we're in it.) He's also lovable, and likes company.

. . . And what did our little explorer find?

A bink! Parading around his prize in his mouth, so he can be on the prowl for more treasures . . .


Fetch, boy! Okay, I'll stop. It's just too cute!!


Sneak Peek! As I may have mentioned, Nana came to visit for Spring Break and we had SOOOO much fun together. We went to the mall for lunch, shopped at the Grove, watched Leap Year and Downton Abbey, worked on crafts for the baby's room and cooked and baked, AND bought Jasper this darling little outfit for Easter. (THANKS NANA!) Isn't it ADORABLE???!!! Okay, now you must promptly forget it so when he actually wears it for Easter you can ooh and aah all over again.

Happy St. Patty's Day!!! Still loving that hat from Aunt Rachel! (It's cozy and adorable!)


Here's a snapshot of our freezer. I thought I'd try making his baby food, and I've actually really enjoyed it. Would you believe this baby loves eggplant?! Way to eat a vegetable that I never did, kiddo! (I guess it's technically a fruit, a very large berry, or so I read . . . )

And this, this was a monumental occasion. Jasper and I baked up some Granny bread yesterday and HE ATE IT! Jake and I have been talking about making our babies our favorite foods forever, this was mine and look! The day came! I gave him a big slice just for the picture, but he probably ate 2 1/2 full slices over the course of dinner last night. Which would also likely explain why he wasn't so hungry today . . .

Blurry--how many of Jasper's pictures look. He's a good smiler, but he's also easily excitable and it doesn't take much to get him flapping around--arms, legs, head, the whole bit! He LOVES to play with pillows, towels, socks, wet rags (go figure!), and of course--US!

And yesterday at the park I discovered something inside his lower mouth . . . something sharp and hard. Ladies and gentleman, I think we have a tooth, a for reals, no foolin', genuine chomper comin' through! Nicely done, little man! You've kept us guessing for months!! Happy 3/4!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, since I don't have a baby anymore, it's okay to say this...

cutest.baby.ever.

maccam said...

So cute Em!

Unknown said...

i love love! What a cute little guy and a cute little family. And holy cow- all that scrumptious baby food! I had so much fun too, and now that we eat big kid food, I miss just having the rainbow of options in the freezer of all the good stuff. Doesn't it sort of make you feel like an extreme couponer? I had to get more colors in my stock pile- it's so addicting!

Love you guys- hope we see you soon!!