Saturday, March 24, 2012

Birthday Parties and Family Visits


So, we didn't stop at just the green pancakes for Jake's birthday. We celebrated all weekend! Immediately after the birthday breakfast was complete, we started on the new tradition (begun last year) for Jake's b-day: homemade carrot cake! This beautiful cake stand was a gift from my parents over Christmas, and just look how lovely it is with that awesome cake on it! I can honestly say, the cake was DELICIOUS!! And I can say that with no guilt because I attribute it all to a gold-mine of a recipe (well, okay, and all the love it was baked with! But really, I think all of the impressiveness of baking lies with a really good recipe.)



Ta-da!!

Jake and some die-hard friends went paint-balling for his birthday. It was POURING rain, and they didn't let that stop them!

So glad because Jake needed the break with how hard he's been working! Glad they could spend the day playing for once!

And as I believe I mentioned, my mom came to visit the week of Spring Break. We spent SO much time playing I hardly got a picture of it!!

But these pretty much sum it up.


Ah, there we go! A snapshot of all of us! Mom and Pops came over for a quick Sunday breakfast before making the drive home. But we did also squeeze in a dinner together at Mozza the night before!! WE LOVE MOZZA! Never disappoints! And the company was even better.

And if that was not enough for one weekend, we also got to see JAKE's parents!! What a treat!! We spent Sunday night at the Prince's (been WAY too long since we've done that, we miss seeing them so often!)

But the birthday traditions continue! We're so glad we could spend the occasion with them.

Blow Gabriel, blow! I love this guy!

Grandpa Parker cuddles Jasper. One of Parker's many talents. He is SO good at cuddling little ones.

One happy bunch! We love our Grammy and Grandpa! We feel so blessed to have family (not one, but TWO) that are so loving and kind and supportive. Jasper has love pouring in from all sides, and we appreciate that so much. He must get his easy-to-love qualities from his dad! We love you, Jake! Thanks for letting all of us celebrate you!

1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

Happy Day to Jake! Sounds like a good time was had all the way around!