Saturday, February 11, 2012

Santa Barbara 2011

Look at that big family! We are getting bigger every year!

Every year my dad treats us all to a trip to Santa Barbara over the New Year. We've been doing this for about 9 years now and every year I feel more lucky about it. Family is so precious, and for us who've lived away from ours nearly our whole marriage, time with them is especially precious. My dad called it this year "an investment in our family," and I think that's pretty awesome. I hope there are many more years ahead where we do our Dalton Family Reunion. I look forward to the next reunion the day after the present one ends.

If I didn't already say it six times in the last post, here we all are at Tupelo Junction! for lunch on my dad's birthday. That's another reason we come when we do--it's his birthday! Jasper's doing pretty well in his high chair on one of his first trials! Nicely done, kiddo!




My lovely parents.


And if we're not eating at Tupelo . . .

. . . someone (usually my dad, sister, or husband) is cooking up something AMAZING at the vacation house. This year's place to stay was everyone's favorite of all. Rachel and her family stayed in a separate guest house on-site, every sibling/family had their own bathrooms and bedrooms. It was beautiful and the location was PERFECT. Like I said, very very lucky.


We usually shop and walk up and down state street. We hunt all the bakeries for chocolate croissants. We watch a lot of movies. But for the most part, we just hang out together. And it's AWESOME!!



And then there's New Year's, which is always low key for us. Though this year, we did get into some Dance Dance (which was SUPER fun!)

And since Jacob was our "Rob for the Day" on New Year's Eve, we shared our resolutions and rung in the new year with Martinelli's in the hot tub!


Whoa! What is this post rated?! Nine years and counting--gotta keep the New Year's kiss photo tradition alive! Happy New Year everyone!!

No comments: