Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Anniversary #8 in the Sweetheart State

Jacob has finished working on the first season of Starting Strong and we thought we'd take advantage of the break by visiting some family. We really can never take enough trips to Arizona!

We had one party after the other to celebrate our anniversary on February 6. My friend from college, Emily Summerhays, was kind enough to offer us free tickets to the Phoenix Open! We felt very lucky to be able to go! I'd never been to a golf tournament and Jacob was eager to take Jasper, even though a baby can't read the "Quiet, Please" signs when the golfers were hitting. He did really well. We followed Phil Mickelson around (our favorite) and though he didn't do his best that day, he did win the following week. I'm sure we gave him the boost he needed. ;)

So, for the rest of our anniversary, we went to a movie as a family, and then a dinner date, just the two of us. We took Jasper to the Muppets movie at the dollar theater. This theater was AWESOME in a vintage, over-the-top crazy film memorabilia sort of way. Jacob LOVED the theater and I think we both left there wanting to meet the owner. Nothing like a Darth Vader costume and a GIANT picture of you and Dick Cheney to decorate your business establishment with, huh?

Well, the amazing news was Jasper did GREAT! He watched the movie, took a nap, nursed and by the end of that, the credits were rolling! We actually got to enjoy the show! WEEEEE!

Here we are. With Elvis.


After that we went to dinner at Carrabbas! Jake and I rarely go out to dinner, (not that we don't LOVE to!) so this was a real treat. We split a dish and got this darling dessert on the house. Go us!



Then the next day (what did I tell you--partying all week!) we went to the temple. The Mesa temple is where we were married, and we don't often get the chance to go back. We always see people we know when we do. It was nice to get to do that. We haven't been since before little man was born.

Jacob gave me this beautiful necklace (blue jasperstone!) for our anniversary. I was getting ready for bed and he came and put it around my neck. I LOVE IT. I thought it was so sweet how he gave it to me. I was very surprised. I am still every bit as happy, and every bit as in love as I was then. Really and truly I would make the same decision over again. Every year I think that. He was the right one. I was lucky enough to find him early!

Man, 8 years. That was such a special day and I'll always remember it, but the memory of it doesn't feel new anymore. I'm starting to lose track a bit. I can't believe it's only a couple more years til we'll be celebrating a decade. It's just madness to me.

And of course with our anniversary came a lot of play time with our families, who also graciously served as babysitters.

And on our last night there (since we drove there and back at night while Jasper slept), we did a joint run to Chipotle. It was fun to have the whole gang there.


Here's to another year, love!

No comments: