
Here it is, September 4, 2011! I had been looking forward to this blessed event for months! I'm so sad it's already gone, but we certainly made the most of Jasper's special day!
Now for the recap:
Grandpa Parker was first to show and came with Uncle Rob to meet Jasper for the first time. Jasper smiled big while Uncle Rob sang and it made Grandpa Parker tear up. Very tender little moment.
Nana Love!
The Daltons and Dixons came next on Saturday, Sept. 3. Jasper got to meet more cousins! Devlin, Eve, and Iris were so excited to meet them and I KNOW Jasper felt the same.
We decided to do a Dalton & Moffat beach day in Santa Monica. It was windy and a little nutty with so many kids, but oh-so worth it! Jasper was 10 weeks and already going to the beach, lucky kid!
He met his Aunt Cammy and cousins McKenna and Chantelle, bundled up beneath the blankets here.
Actually, there was quite a bit of bundling going on:
But isn't he adorable?
Now on to the main event!
The Outfit
I won't bother telling you how many stores I looked at or how many outfits were purchased before we found this one, but let me just make one recommendation: Macy's. This was found the Friday before his blessing 5 minutes before closing. Whew! Daddy wasn't having the back-up tuxedo from the Distribution Center, so good thing this finally showed up! And thanks for the darling shoes, Nana! (He wore this all day and it's still in perfect, pristine, clean condition. It's been a week and a half since then but they're still laying neatly on his dresser. Can't bring myself to put them away. Such a sentimental mama.)
The Daddy
The Pictures!

One happy family. Jacob and I were both surprised by how well these turned out.


Love all around. I don't care how it sounds, this is what life is all about. Days like this are absolutely priceless.
Everyone was there before we were. We had about three rows of visitors and there they were, all sitting and ready while Jake, Jasper, and I snuck in just before the opening hymn. Nice Moffats. Nice.
In the GIANT circle, we had Bishop Mikolyski, Brother Dessin Meyer, Parker Moffat, Mac Moffat, Rob Moffat, Chris Clifford, Paul Dalton, David Dixon, David Dalton, Drew Champion, Justin Lyon, Kevin Prince and of course, Jacob performed the blessing. Justin drove up from Fullerton with his very pregnant wife (who had her baby Monroe today! She's three hours old as I type this! Congrats!) and Kevin Prince who flew in that morning from his away football game where he suffered a concussion and shoulder injury. He squeezed this in between the flight and his MRI at noon. Wow! We were so happy he would make it.
Afterward we had a luncheon at our place for all the family and visiting friends.
Aunt Cammy holds Jasper for the first time
Grammy and Little J.
Three generations. Isn't my mama purdy?
Jasper and the Papas. He fell asleep just after the blessing and napped for 4 hours while we all admired him and passed him around. Such an angel.
And we played some more on Labor Day, too. We spent the day with the Daltons (Panera Bread, homemade ice cream stand at the Heders, and the movie Temple Grandin (SO GOOD!). And the night we spent with the Moffats at the Princes (yummy BBQ, HGTV Design Star, and LOTS of baby holding.) Thanks to everyone who came! We so enjoyed the weekend! Wish we could do it all again!
5 comments:
Aaaaaahhhhh! Thank you for all the pictures! I love them. It was such a wonderful weekend, just wish we could have stretched it out somehow! I can never get enough!
Love. So sweet. Miss you guys serious now... ;)
blessing day is the best. have i told you that he is just the cutest thing?
Thanks for the excuse for us to come and visit you! Love you!
Man, he is so stinkin' cute. Love him. Congratulations. And I love seeing what a huge, wonderful, loving family you have!
Post a Comment