Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Little April (Baby) Shower

Well, this was a pretty awesome thing that happened. My family threw a shower for me in Arizona! I had the great joy of going home and spending a week with my families AND having a party to boot. It was so much fun! Here I am a couple days before the big trip, 30 weeks pregnant.

And here's the shower! My mom is very organized and always one to plan ahead. She made this darling diaper cake for me and sent me the picture about a week before I came home. I about died I thought it was SO beautiful. She got me that darling giraffe teether toy and topped the cake with silk ORANGE calla lillies! So sweet! How on earth did she find those??!! The beautiful cross-stitch was done by Dorothy Nelson, a dear lady in our stake who personalized this gift with colors of my choosing. She used to drive me in the carpool to elementary school. She is so sweet. I remember sometimes when we'd have an extra minute, she'd let us stop at Basha's on the way and get us a donut. She was and is such an awesome lady.

Jacob and I drove home on Friday afternoon and walked in to see this: Cammy, Peg, Maddi, and my mom all setting up for the shower. My sister came by, too. It was so fun to have them all in one place right when we arrived.

The spread was absolutely exquisite. Not only did everyone go to great effort to get the (impossible!) colors just right, they put in such personal touches with everything. My sister-in-law Cammy spear-headed much of the decor, and HANDMADE most of it. Like the darling tissue balls you see below and the orange, blue, and green fabric banner over the windows.

And the adorable baby banner in orange and green. SO cute!

And the food was absolutely incredible. (Look at that DARLING polka dot fabric!!) They had organized things just to my taste: nutri candy (peanut butter balls that I LOVE so much); my best friend Aileena's divine pina colada fruit dip; pistachio, carrot cake, and chocolate mini cupcakes care of Peg; cream cheese sandwiches by Joann Stewart, veggies by Alison, spinach dip by Jeanne, peanut M&Ms in orange, green and blue. And of course, as Peg would have it, everything matched perfectly.

My sister ran the Candy Bar Baby Crossword game. Jacob and I made it up for Meg's shower and I liked it so much we did it for mine. The best part of course, was eating the answers. ;)

And so many people came to celebrate with us, it was so special. I had all the AZ Moffat girls there (from left: Loretta, Peggy, Maddi, me, and Cammy) including sweet Grandma Lorraine who you'll see later. (I love this picture. All we need is a Megan.)

And all my Dalton girls were there, too. (from left: my Grandma Palmer, my sister Rachel, my mom Lana, and me.)

And more friends and extended family. I had really good friends from high school that came, like my best friend, Aileena and her darling little Audrey.

She drove down from Utah to come to this and hit an elk on the way and totalled her car. I don't mean to make light of the situation at all, except that it brings home the point of what kind of friend she is. She is so easy-going and positive, it's what I love about her. Here she is, baby and fruit dip in hand, with a giant smile on her face, hardly to think twice of what it took for her to be there. She's just that way--she is amazing and has been a golden influence and friend in my life. I remember when she was still in the hospital and Audrey was only about 2 or 3 hours old, she called to talk to me and tell me all about the birth. That was such an honor. She's lived abroad and travelled the world, but has never missed a birthday or a chance to mail a card. She's simply the best. And I love her.

And more high school friends that came and brought their darling daughters! Macey Bishop and Emali Mollenhauer brought Kylie and Gracie (pictured below, with my niece Eve in the middle), and they really hit it off!

There's Lorraine in the background wearing purple, and Aunt Glenna in orange next to her. And you can see that awesome fabric banner again in the kitchen.

And of course, many fabulous and thoughtful gifts! (Those three little girls were my helpers, and they all brought the gifts to me and then showed them around to everyone once they were opened.)
All in all, it was a wonderful day and I'm so happy for everyone that would take the time to come say hi or drop off a gift for Baby Moffat. I'm so blessed to have so many people who'd be willing to celebrate this special time with us. Thanks everybody, from the three of us!!

2 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Oh wow, wasn't it awesome? It really was one of the prettiest showers I have ever seen.

Unknown said...

i want to go to there! can we do a re-enactment! so much fun!