I have not had my hair done since before Christmas. And it won't be happening again until May.
I have set up a series recording for "A Baby Story" and "Bringing Home Baby" and I cry like--you guessed it--a baby, all the way through the episodes.
I am resorting to the granny versions of all my workouts. I'm still doing my same old trusty DVDs, using my weights and my step, but more often the shorter, lighter, smaller versions of each. My sister and I always laugh because in every workout there's a girl in the back doing miniature versions of all the exercises with no weights. I fear I am slowly but surely becoming that girl.
I attempted my first couponing trip on Monday. I had read that you only had to devote an hour or two a week to couponing for substantial savings, so I thought I'd give it a go. (And yes, the "Extreme Couponing" show may have had an influence in my decision to make an attempt.) Evidently not many cashiers at this store were on-board the coupon train. I had to go and stand in a certain line and only talk to certain clerks about it. I spent probably double the time of a usual shopping trip locating all the items and checking my coupons twice, that sort of thing. I had store coupons plus manufacturer's coupons for some of the same items to increase my savings, but by the time I got to the front I had no idea what I was going to end up spending.
The result? Total Savings: $17.74 Total bill: $123.06 (Jaw to floor.) Seriously?! $123 for a t-shirt, some groceries, and 2 packs of diapers??! NOT the kind of outcome I was looking for, coupons or not. Maybe I'll get better at it . . . not so sure it's worth the effort at this point. (Tips welcome here.)
I made homemade pizza last night and I'm really proud of my slower-than-usual self for finally doing it!
Crocheting, playing the piano, baking, watching shows, exercising, looking for apartments, getting a pedicure (today!), cleaning, shopping, reading, sitting on the couch--that's what I'm doing with my days now that I'm not working. Thanks for asking.
I'm glad I wrote about how great I was feeling a few weeks ago, because as anticipated, things started changing shortly after. I am still able to do my usual activities and can easily say I'm comfortable most of the time for which I'm very grateful, but worry and fears have nestled themselves firmly into the forefront of my mind. Everything from labor and delivery, to post-partum, to finding a new place, to how I'll ever have enough quarters to do all the extra loads of laundry, to how I could ever leave my baby alone to go and do the laundry, to if I'll like being a mother, to if my baby will like that I'm his mother. My eyes are starting to well, I better stop there.
I spill something every day, without fail, on my belly. New shirts not exempt.
I'm generally not a big fan of twitter, except when my honey uses it to post things that begin with "my cute pregnant wife . . ." then I have no problem with it.
I think I want warmer weather and then we have a few days in the upper 80s and I start to freak out. (Yes, I know, I spent the better part of my summers growing up in 110+ degree weather, but now I'm seven months pregnant and we do not have central air--just one A/C unit in the front room of the house.) This week is slated to stay in the upper 60s and I, for one, am counting my blessings.
I am still in the clothes I wore to bed last night. It's noon. AND I have slept in until 10:30 or 11 the last three mornings. Go me.
I love Easter. It's the time of my birthday and the time of year when everything is in my favorite colors, probably in honor of me. ;)
I believe when the time finally comes I will be the world's most grateful homeowner. There are times I think myself worthy of sainthood for my long-suffering in the matter, and times I think I'd sell my soul to have the waiting over with. But seriously, sensitivity is crucial if ever you broach the subject of home-ownership with me. 7 (soon to be 8) apartments, 3 states, and a hotel room in 7 years of marriage make it a tender one.
I love feeling my baby move to the point that I fear I will really miss it when I'm no longer pregnant. I know he'll be here then, and I'm sure the trade will be a welcome upgrade. Right?
Things like yellow nailpolish, big rings, and mismatch layers/colors are on the far side of my fashion comfort zone. I am working on this.
I love writing Thank You cards. There's much to be said for the happy "gratitude" and "I did something nice today" attitude it inspires.
I hate the stamps I have to buy to send my thank you cards. The post office and the bank to me are of general nuisance. Dry cleaners, too, now that I think about it. I prefer one-stop shopping.
I discovered and fell in love with a new song today that I have since downloaded and listened to repeatedly: JESUS' LOVE IS LIKE A RIVER. This was the easiest to link but there are lots of versions. Pick one and do not go to bed tonight before listening to it. To me, it's simple and exquisite.
There you go. I'll leave you to it!
5 comments:
Em, you are going to be okay. I promise (from personal experience) that even though you do lots and lots of things wrong, your baby will LOVE YOU, more than you can imagine! And you are going to love him so much you're going to want to explode. It's awesome. You can hang your hat on that!
And I just ate dinner, but homemade pizza sounds amazing. Will you make that with me next time you come and visit?
I shall listen to the song later and give you my opinion. It sounds lovely.
I love you Emily! You are going to be such an amazing mother! You've been training your whole life to do this! I don't doubt you for a second. It won't be easy, but if anyone could do it-and do it well-it would be you.
Emily- you are so so so so awesome. I relate to all your worries. Thank you for my "thank you card" I LOVED every word of it! Thank you! ;)
Motherhood is going to come so natural to you. (and just so you know, when I make retarded mistakes [which I'm sure you won't] but I repeat to myself -often-..."they aren't going to remember this" and..."they are forgiving.") They are! Good luck with your move. We may be in the same boat now that Mac's working in west Phoenix. I'm praying for both of us. ;)
um... listened to it and LOVE it. thanks for making my mascara run. ;)
i love you too. so- first off, i think you are a trooper. i mean, i know how frustrating it is to be without a house and in a situation that is less than ideal, but you have been put through it! secondly, member how i was in so much pain for the last few months of pregnancy? that little heel that wasn't in my side i did miss every now and then, but then i remembered the pain and the granny workouts... and yes, the cute little boy... but i am glad i bonded as much as i did before he got here, it made the transition so easy.
and sheesh- your style spectrum is leaps and bounds above mine. maybe because you look stunning pregnant {as we all knew you would}. rock it girl. and when you are not pregnant and i lose weight, i might need you to be my stylist.
Post a Comment