On Monday I turned 28, on Tuesday I turned 28 weeks, and I'm due the 28th of June! (Am I the only person that thinks that's cool?! Blame it on my birthday--4/4--I've always had a thing with numbers.)
We had such a nice time celebrating. Jacob was so sweet to buy my favorite flowers--calla lillies. This yellow vase housed the first calla lillies he ever bought for me nearly 8 years ago. They were yellow and if I remember right he called all over town for them. Such a sweetheart. These are still shining bright on my piano today. I just think they're so beautiful.
I wasn't feeling the greatest on Monday, so after a little post-work nap, we had a low-key dinner at Casa Vega, a famous Mexican restaurant not far from where we live. It was fun, I was serenaded and got free birthday flan, but I'll take my Rosa's or Gecko Grill over this place any day! Sorry Hollywood.
Erin, me, and Sarah (photo courtesy of Sarah and her fancy Hipstomatic skills)And the BIG gift, as if all of that was not enough, was getting TV! We have not had any tv service--as in, no channels at all--for over a year, and the hotel before that had limited viewing, so I'm happy to say I have spent much of my birthday week watching What Not to Wear, for the first time in the better part of 2 years, and HGTV!!! I don't mean to be singing the praises of something as trivial as television, but oh well, watch me go! We got the tv (SUCH a deal--better even than what we almost bought at Christmas) just in time for Conference last weekend and well in time for the Masters this weekend--the ultimate of all golf majors in Jacob's mind. We were able to give away our 20-inch box television we bought seven years ago to a happy family and we haven't looked back!
All in all it's been a very good week. I have one more week of work, which I'm really happy about because this week my energy's taken a bit of a nose dive, and I'm ready to use what's left of it for getting ready for baby. Jacob is starting his new job on Tuesday, finally! His initial start date was January, and it's been repeatedly pushed back, so we are very happy (and still crossing our fingers) to see this day come. It's a great opportunity and I am really, really proud of him.
Thanks to everyone who offered their sweet birthday wishes and gifts! You guys are so sweet. It's so nice to know the people you love, love you back! XOXO
6 comments:
first of all- i am so glad you had such a fun birthday!! looks like the party was a great turn out too- how fun! the tv!! that is too great. i have to say when you aren't feeling well, there is nothing like a good dose of TLC and HGTV to make you wish you had more energy to decorate or shop. :)
Ya! What a fun day!!! I'm sooooo with you guys- I'd sooooooo be watching TLC all day! You totally deserve it! You house is darling Em.
You -as always- look A-MA-ZING! I'm glad you are now going to get some time off. As I'm sure everyone tells you- SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP and have ME ME ME time. Though I'm getting so "aunt"zy [he he] for that little guy to get here. ;)
"your house" -sorry
"Aunt"zy, hyuk hyuk hyuk. I like that!
What a happy little birthday party! You will be so glad you have a TV when you are pinned to the couch by a happy little fat nursing baby, let me tell you. :) I's hard to turn pages with one hand.
Love you Em! You look great!
Umm...was the tv there at the party? i don't remember seeing it. i will need to come over and check it out soon.
Happy birthday sweet Emily! The party was fun--you are always such a great host. Can't wait to meet your little guy :)
XO
Erin
What's the new job?!?! SO EXCITING! I miss you guys so much, like every day. I really have no idea why I haven't called you in so long.
Post a Comment