Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Easter & Other Blessings

So, with that trip home to Arizona came a lot of other fun playing. The day after the shower was Easter and we got to have a lovely brunch with my family before heading to hear my mom-in-law, Peg, speak in church. After that we had an Easter egg hunt at the Moffats and a fabulous potluck dinner. We had a ball.

Here are all the Moffat grandkids, plus a cousin, McCall, on on the far left, minus a new baby Boston, who we'll talk about more in a moment.

Jacob, chillaxin' in the backyard (to use one of his preferred slang terms.) I think he is so handsome. Doesn't he look great in this photo? I don't know care if people are sick of me saying it, I'm not gonna stop: I'm head over heels for this guy.


First item of weekday business: lunch at Devlin's school. Eve will be starting kindergarten in the fall and I think she felt so grown up having lunch here. This was a special treat since Dev usually brings a lunch with him. Everyone was so excited about the strawberry milk.

Here are the pretty flowers that kept me company all week after Jacob left. They're from my sweet dad. He will often put fresh flowers in the guest room when we come to stay, just because. Isn't that the nicest? See the calla lillies in there? Just a personal touch from him. He's a loving overachiever in the hosting department. :)

I always get lots of time with my nieces and nephew when I come in town. I got to see Eve in her preschool African presentation . . .

And a blurry little Iris in her love-of-her-life dance class.

And I got to see my supermom with her kindergarten class. She earned her Master's degree and had been substitute teaching for the last several months before becoming a permanent sub for this class. I met her for lunch one day and she had the kids all sing a song for me. What a fun surprise! The kids were so cute, telling me who they knew that was also expecting a baby, and telling me they liked my painted yellow toes. Such dolls. And such a handful at times, I know! My mom has worked her tail off. She and my dad have a well-deserved trip to Hawaii coming up once school is out. I might be the happiest of all about it!

Well, the day after I got back to California, we turned right around and drove up to Santa Maria for Boston's baby blessing. It was so fun to see them again, and so nice to celebrate this special day.

Here we all are. The boys were all able to stand in the circle (which was lucky, actually . . . but that's another story) and we are very grateful we could all be there.

Sister love. Maddi had a tricky school schedule she had to work around to make it to this, but I'm so glad she did. I know what it would mean to have my sister there at my first baby's blessing, and I'm sure Meg really appreciated it.

Boston time! We snuck a visit when he was 5 days old, and he was just as cuddly and even more affectionate this time around. He smiled and cooed just for me and I drank up every second of it. Such a sweet, little guy.

Grandpa Parker was so happy to finally meet the little guy. Chris's family (such lovely people!) were there, too, and it was a first meeting for both grandfathers. Parker is a well of calm and serenity through any storm, always has been, and I honestly think the babies he holds sense his calm and gentleness and respond accordingly. I've often seen him stroll or rock his grand babies to sleep. Can't wait to see him work his magic on baby Moffat, too! I never knew my grandfathers, so this is a special, special gift our baby's getting: two wonderful, loving grandpas!

Nice to have a moment to talk about my family and tell them I love them, via the blog. They are the most important thing to me in my life, and I'm so glad they're all well and healthy. That is such a tremendous blessing and I've got to remember to treasure it.

2 comments:

The Wizzle said...

SO sweet. It's pretty easy to be excited about impending motherhood when you get some cute cuddly baby time, eh?

Unknown said...

you have been a busy traveling girl!! stay home and grow a baby now!! thanks so much for making it up here for the blessing- it was so great to have you both here. :) miss you!