Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dos & Don'ts of Being 33 weeks Pregnant

DO take a picture of the gorgeous, surprise roses your honey gave you for your first Mother's Day.

And DO take a second picture of them the next day when they're on the piano and blossoming beautifully. (DON'T forget to give the giver a kiss for them.)


DO get that haircut you've been wanting now for months from your awesome friend, Erika, who's also expecting her first baby. DON'T self-document it from a phone camera if you can help it.


DO treat yourself and get a pedicure for Mother's Day and the sandal-wearin' warmer weather! DON'T give it to yourself, if at all possible!! If the latter can't be avoided, DO make the most of your temporarily improved feet by taking pictures and pointing out the miracle it is that your toes are painted to everyone who passes by.

DON'T document it from this angle.


There. That's better.


DO take advantage of the "Expectant Mother Parking" (Woo Hoo!) whenever possible, especially when taking oneself on a delightful outing to the nearby Babies R Us. (A whole, giant store dedicated entirely to babies and mamas! SO awesome! I got to see in person so many things I've registered for and been wanting to try, and fell madly in love with a rocker there that I may just have to go and visit again before too long.)

DON'T hesitate as long as I did before purchasing a body pillow, which was the impetus for this trip in the first place, for fear of a sour investment. DO, however, get it for 20% off and sleep better the first two nights with it than you have in weeks!


DO keep up that exercise routine you've been doing so faithfully the last 33 weeks as long as you're able, but DON'T attempt to do this splits, even if it is a stupid goal of yours to maintain your flexibility enough to get a picture of it in your third trimester!! If you are silly enough to have this goal and wish to follow through with it, for goodness sake, get the picture and call it good! (And DO very secretly pat yourself on the back for the accomplishment!)

DO enjoy some very relaxing activities, like working on that baby afghan that's over halfway done. DO turn to such measures when you start to feel a worry flurry coming on for all the things that must happen before and will change after the next 7 weeks. DON'T get too discouraged when your pregnancy hormones get the best of you, because deep down you know it's all going to be okay.

DO go on a date to Chipotle with your honey after your breastfeeding class at the hospital (last night) and DO take a 33-week belly picture to top off the evening.

DON'T leave such a pile of blogging to do that you require spending half the day to finally catch up! But if you DO, enjoy it!!

6 comments:

The Wizzle said...

1. 33 weeks? Really?! When did that happen?

2. I love, LOVE that you got your splits picture. Now you can rest easy! You never have to do it again!

3. You had your breastfeeding class? Please, I am dying to know how it went! What did you think?

Kaytie Brown said...

WOW. You are SUCH a cute prego person! And the splits thing is just out of control talented. I'm excited for you for your baby to come!

Loretta and Richie said...

Um... Wow!! Loved the splits picture!! Cute Hair too!!

Unknown said...

you are so cute. your belly is so cute- your perfect blankie is so cute. i can't wait to meet your little guy and all that jazz. you are just too fun!

maccam said...

Em! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! So cute! Love the hair, nails- amazing blanket! and SPLITS! LOVE you girl!

Samantha said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE 33 WEEKS. I swear to you I was that big at like 26 or 27. I have photographic evidence to prove it. I need to get over it and admit, I get large when I am pregnant. You look soooo good and will bounce back to your old self in like 2 days I know it!!