So my lovely sister-in-law Cammy reminded me that I have some Craigslist acquirings I've not shared yet, though I had promised to do so. Yea! Something else for this one-track-minded preggo to post about besides her little bundle! Well, almost. These are all directly or otherwise related to "the bump." Please forgive me, for those that are tiring of the same old news. It's GREAT news, and well, the only news that's happening around our place for the time being.
The first new piece we got was . . .
So you may wonder, when acquiring a new piece of almost anything, what is it I look for? Glad you asked:
1. Can it serve multiple purposes? Sorry, but if all you do is warm quesadillas, there's no room for you in this inn.
2. Are you space efficient for your said purposes? If I can't find a spot for you, you don't stay. Tall and narrow tend to be the favorites for storage--there's almost always wall space!
3. Are you the best bargain in town? My family can vouch for this--I ALWAYS research, then save my receipts, and then keep the tags on for a trial period if necessary just to be SURE, should there be any question of this. You don't have to be the CHEAPEST, (because 4. Will you survive one, if not several, local moves in the coming years?) but you MUST be a good deal. Not. Negotiable.
Well, I was looking for a file cabinet that would be decorative/not detract from the decor since it would be out on display for one and all to see, it needed to double as regular storage so the bottoms needed to be solid enough to hold more than hanging files, and as said before, it needed to be tall--more than 2 vertical drawers--for space efficiency purposes. Voila! Here it is. They are actually two separate cabinets stacked on top of eachother (aren't we clever? If we need to in the next place we can separate them and they'll double as end tables.) and they fill all the other needed requirements. Yea! No shipping, no set-up, and they were on sale! Thank you Staples!
So I am using this filing cabinet partly for baby storage (never mind, it really is ALL about the baby), and I thought that would be all we'd be able to squeeze in for a while, but la-dee-dah! I found a darling nursery set that will match my generous sister's free crib perfectly!
And SQUEEZE it in, we did!
Here is Part 1 of the changing table in our closet, behind the sliding mirror door:
And part 2:
And here's the darling dresser to match:
AND THEN!
About a week or so later I was so lucky to find this guy courtesy of Craigslist, which was the exact stroller I'd been hoping for, the 2011 model, brand new in the box, WITH a free child tray! Hooray! One more trip down to Orange county (the same exact city actually) and it was ours! (And people! It's in the box! So it fits under our bed and is out of our hair until we need it! YEA!!!!)
So there we are, happy tales of the nursery in embryo. Now if we can just get a nursery . . .baby steps, I know.Okay, grumble, grumble, you can't see the belly. Fine. Here's this one for insurance:
Do I look happy? Seriously, these have got to be some of the happiest pictures I've ever taken. At this moment, and for about the last 7 weeks, I've LOVED being pregnant. Sure there are compromises, but for the most part I have felt awesome and I'm very, very grateful for it. This sweet little boy has been so accommodating, such a contented passenger, and I am LOVING taking him along for the ride. His little kicks are just such a thrill. It is so much fun. Funny, but when I look back at pictures a few weeks ago, I actually think I look better now. There really is like a "middle school" phase of pregnancy where you just inevitably look awkward. I'm starting to get questions from strangers now--like the lady in the beauty supply store on Saturday who asked, "Did you just get pregnant?" That one is my favorite. Gonna be tough to beat.
And a BIG welcome and happy birthday to our new nephew, Boston, born on Monday, February 28! Can't wait to meet you little guy!
6 comments:
Yay! Thank you for the pics of the goods, that is awesome. I'm so jealous of your stroller - that was definitely a score!
And, of course, you look AMAZING. That is all.
I love your filing cabinet. I too need to trade in our plastic one. Does the one you bought come in black? You do look happy and very beautiful. Jogging strollers are the best. I love mine!
That is an awesome STROLLER! You will love it. I use mine -almost- daily but it's definitely not as cool or easy to push. GREAT Find!
You do look A-MAY-ZING!
and great job with the shopping skills and placement skills. Looks great!
A HUGE HUGE HUGE Congratulations!!! You look BEAUTIFUL & I'm having a baby boy too...just a few weeks after you, but I wish I looked as good as you!
I LOVE being pregnant too! Probably the happiest time ever, just so amazing! Those kicks just get stronger & you will love them even more.
So happy for you!
yay!! you are over the hump! pun intended... thanks again for coming up to visit me and boston this weekend- i am so excited for you! you look adorable!
You should have told that lady in the beauty supply store, "Yep! I JUST got pregnant...this morning!" Some people say the funniest things...
Post a Comment