I've been so anxious to tell you all about our little adventure this weekend. I had been hoping and hoping that Jake and I would get a chance to steal away and meet our new nephew, Boston, before the chaos of other visiting families ensued. I had pegged Saturday the 5th as the day a couple weeks ago knowing that if we didn't go then, we ourselves couldn't make the 5-hour, round-trip visit until at least April. And gosh darn it, if I could help it I wasn't gonna have that! I miss so much living away from home and this kid was born (sort of) by me. I was gonna make that worth my while! (And sure, I didn't mind the idea of being "the first," either. Like I say, I miss a lot. We don't get to be the first for much.)
Well the stars all aligned and we were given permission to go and visit Saturday afternoon and evening. We made the trip there to Santa Maria and back in one day because I didn't want to burden them with more overnight guests, I just wanted to see the little guy and let them know how much we have been thinking of them. It was SO worth it.
Meg (Jake's sister) has been a trooper, recovering from an unwanted c-section and early breast-feeding challenges, but it just so happens that this very afternoon all was well. Boston was as sweet and perfect as could be, everyone was happy, and it was so peaceful there. We were able to pick up some bassinet sheets for them that they needed, brought them homemade bread with some other little gifts. We had the yummiest Asian stir-fry dinner that I've been craving ever since (thanks Peg!) and we even got to watch The King's Speech with them. It just could not have gone better. I am so glad to have had the time there. It was one of those days where "time doth softly, sweetly glide," as Peggy would say.
And here he is!
I am so, so glad we were able to visit and just want to thank the Cliffords to high heavens for letting us come and to Peggy for the wonderful dinner. It was so nice to see all of you!
7 comments:
Yay, I'm so glad you got to go! It sounds like it was a beautiful visit. And Boston is ADORABLE! The first picture, and the one of him snoring on your chest...sigh. What a sweetie.
Loving this post! I sure can't wait to meet your little guy. The summer needs to come sooner!
so jealous! He's so sweet!
Yes, you look like you are in Heaven. You are glowing Emily! So cute!
That WAS so perfect! i am so glad you guys were able to come- i miss you already and want you back. i was feeling so yucky that day, and happened to have a few hours of bliss- i think it was cause you cute people were here. i am so glad you were able to come and bring me the fun movie and gifts... awesome. i can't wait to be visiting you in a few months to do the same!! love you!
when i first read this, i thought you went to boston, but a baby is even better. Hope meg is doing well, and you too! I miss you.
You are such an adorable soon to be mom and that little cutie is so lucky to have you as an auntie.
Karen (Cammys mom)
Post a Comment