Thursday, February 17, 2011

February Frolickings

On February 6th, Jacob and I celebrated our 7th--get that, 7th--anniversary. I can't believe we've been married that long. I just can't. I'm coming up on my 5th anniversary of graduating COLLEGE this April, too. I can feel my brain frying as I think about it.

Lucky for me, this man I've called mine for 7 years happens to be one I still love and cherish after *all these years. (*Yup, 7 years in my book is enough time to start busting out the cliches!) We took a trip to AZ for the Phoenix Open and for our anniversary and sweet little Jacob booked us a room at Gold Canyon, where we spent our honeymoon! The romantic!

(Check it out--we got a picture of the place this time!)
He pulled out all the stops: he had rose petals for me on the bed, chocolate, a sweet card, a pedicure gift certificate, a romantic movie (An Education), and a bottle of lotion for a massage (my personal favorite), and he must have told me I looked beautiful 20 times that night. Even as I'm writing this, I can't believe he did all this! My Jacob did all this for measly #7? Oh, and a special bonus for the evening: he felt the baby move for the first time that night we stayed at Gold Canyon. It's like our little guy knew what a special occasion it was and thought he'd make an appearance. :)

It was so nice to have dinner together, just the two of us and the breakfast buffet the next morning was to die for! I know it sounds strange, being that it's always the two of us, but we really don't get a lot of time together. Jake's work schedule, whatever project he's currently working on, has never been what you'd call regular. The norm for him is days that often end well after midnight. He works very, very hard. It's a nightly ritual, when he's home before I fall asleep, for me to repeatedly coax him to come lay and and go to sleep . . . in our bed. Needless to say this anniversary trip was a really wonderful treat for us. Nice to have a chance to celebrate what we feel is a very special marriage!

And there was a whole lot of other fun to be had during the weekend, too!

Iris initiating a tickle fight during our dinner at California Pizza Kitchen.

My parents! They are so darn sweet. I have never known people to roll out the red carpet for their guests as they do. And I'm just family! They had the room all ready for Jake and me complete with fresh flowers, a balloon, chocolates, and new linens. (jaw to floor.) They are unbelievable. I think if we ever found ourselves back in AZ I'd still want to go "stay over" at my parents' place. It is prettier and more luxurious there than any hotel I've ever stayed--for the record.

Jake had fun hanging out with the kids and they love him. Rachel comments that Evie won't take to everyone, so for her to be so cozy with him is something to be proud of.

This is one thing my sister and I love to do when we get together: work out. I bring my dvds and we use her mats and do Steve Ross yoga or The Firm or something of the like. Here she is doing the most awesome headstand ever and here I am snapping the picture. I will say I think I've been pretty adventurous as far as physical activity goes during this pregnancy, but sadly I know there are lines to be drawn (hence why I am also not out at the rollerskating rink with my friends tonight. Boo.)

Ooh! And here's something else we love, though it happens FAR less often: pedicures!!

I had a purple theme going on (on the right.) One of the ladies called the design on my big toes "a celebration," which is the ONLY word appropriate. It has gold glittery hearts and dots and streamers. Seriously. My mom was able to join us last minute after her early-out school day. The three of us had a ball. I have one mom and one sister and they are the best a girl could ask for!


And here's a little fun from when we got home: More love celebrations!

We've adopted (whenever we're able) the Moffat tradition of hosting the Sweetheart Dinner during Valentine's. We had a small crowd, just the four of us: Jake and me and Eric Smith and his lovely girlfriend, Alicia, obviously not pictured--nice one Emily. But I did snag a picture of the table before we all sat down to it . . .


. . .and the Paula Dean red velvet cake I made FROM SCRATCH before I frosted it. It was a hit. How could it not be? It had coconut, cream cheese, and melted marshmallows in the frosting! I love to bake, but I think this is my first ever entirely homemade cake. And I loved doing it. Jake's birthday is next month, and I'm already scheming.


Well, that about catches us up. Here's a picture from 20 weeks (one week ago already! Man it's a lot of work to keep up on these!)

AND for those who might care, I am in full-blown nesting mode. I have found some spectacular finds on Craigslist I should be blogging about soon--one last item which I will be picking up this Saturday. And to my great elation, we've managed to find a discreet place for all their largeness, and still managed to allow a walkway from our bed! Wonderful! And now we are officially OUT of furniture space. :)

6 comments:

The Wizzle said...

I simply must know where you are stashing the baby stuff! I can't imagine how you've done it as successfully as you just described. You are masterful!

You look so pretty, and I totally love that picture of Jacob and Eve. <3

maccam said...

It was so good to see you guys when you were here! Happy 7 years! You look amazing! I love your "sweethearts dinner" plates. Love you guys!

Aileena said...

wow. lots going on! Happy 7th anniversary! Hurray for purple pedicures. I think your parents are pretty awesome. I think they should own a bed and breakfast. They would be the best. Thanks for all your comments. By the way I totally feel old too. But I told a student that I was celebrating my 8th anniversary and he said "You got married at 16???" So apparently its okay that I am nearing 30.

maccam said...

ps - I want pictures of the baby furniture arrangements. :)

Unknown said...

you two are adorable- i absolutely love that you got to spend some time enjoying the "us" factor- and go to GC and all of that! i can't wait to see all of your fabulous finds! love you both- hope we get to see you soon! :)

Sarah and Doug said...

You're getting there, but I still don't think you've "popped" yet. You look beautiful! Next time you're in AZ we want to know about it!