is a song I learned while working in hospice that I used to sing to myself through the long winters of Utah:
Though April showers
May come your way
They bring the flowers
That bloom in May
So just keep looking for that blue bird
And listening for his song
Whenever April Showers
Come along
In the spirit of appreciation for the wonderful things that have been "showered" upon us this spring, here is a collection of some of my favorite April "blue bird" moments:
Blossoms at Disneyland. I took this picture a while back, I think when we went to see Captain EO. So cool! Aren't they beautiful? They smelled as fabulous as they look!
Birthdays! Jacob's birthday dinner at Buca di Beppo in Brea. We've been to this restaurant only once before this, in Arizona when we were dating. We went with Macey and Ben Bishop--it was their first date and we're happy to report they have since married and had (soon-to-be) 3 children! This place will always be special, even if we only eat there once every 7 years.
Emily's birthday game night. Moffat/Dalton get-togethers are my favorite! And a birthday on Easter is just the best. It hasn't fallen on Easter in 11 years. We had Easter egg hunts, brunch, and enjoyed conference-watching with family. This birthday was very sweet indeed.
Visiting family. My parents came to visit at the end of March and we enjoyed eating at Mozza, Mario Battali's restaurant (a MUST when you come to visit us!), and going to the Renoir exhibit. I LOVED this exhibit. I grew up going to art museums (an a-typical piece of my childhood, I am now learning), but this exhibit I could go to again and again. His paintings are so lush and evoke such sweet emotions. I feel like you can feel his love for the world through his paintings.

Partying with Friends. This was a spontaneous farewell party for Jacob and me by our sweet friends in the Placentia 2nd ward. Jerred and Mariah, Aubrey and Brandon Nielsen, Chad and Carly Carlson, and Justin and Amelia Lyon. Justin also worked with Jacob on Yo Gabba Gabba and has been a wonderful mentor/ping pong partner.

Speaking of Yo Gabba Gabba, here's a picture from the Magic Store post-production offices when Jacob was working in Anaheim. Everything about that show is so bright and colorful--even the work cubicals. They actually have a half-pipe at this office! In case they get tired of ping pong, I suppose.
Flowers from Papa. All these flowers, I'm loving them! My sweet dad got these for me when Jacob and I came to visit last week. He told the florist he was looking for calla lilies because those are my favorite. I just thought that was so thoughtful of him . . .
Hanging with Mo-phats. These guys have so much fun together. Aren't they cute? They're cute from behind, too. I have the pics to prove it!
The Arizona Temple Easter Pageant. This is amazing. I am so happy we had the chance to go this year. Before the production started, some of the cast members were mingling with the audience, and I got to see a cast member holding a lamb. A real lamb! I haven't seen a lamb in a long time, and it was just so precious. Amidst the hundreds of people all around and all the commotion, the lamb was so quiet and peaceful. I got to pet it and it was so soft. I can see why the Savior is likened to such a gentle creature. What a wonderful way to start the Easter season.
Pigtails! McKenna wore these when we all met for lunch at Gecko Grill. The food was great, but I could not get enough of these curls! Aren't those the cutest ringlets you've ever seen?! We always have such fun, don't we Kenna?
Baby Hats and Beanies. I had so much fun making these for my best friend from high school, Aileena, who's expecting a little girl in July. It is so much fun to anticipate the giving of the gift the whole time you're making it. It's what I love most about crocheting. Check out the flowers! Thank you video blog tutorial!
Mothers-to-be. Here she is in all her glowing glory! We hosted a shower for her while we were there in AZ. She has been such a thoughtful and devoted friend to me all these years, it was nice to have an occasion to celebrate her! Peggy made her the most beautiful quilt--just whipped it up a day or two before. All the family got involved--so gracious of them.
Bedtime Stories. My little nephew is an excellent reader and reads the scriptures with his parents every night. It is, I think, my favorite way to hear the words of the good book, from the voice of a six-year-old.
Sister Time. This girl is so much fun. Working out, shopping, cleaning, cooking, watching the kids--everything is fun with this girl. She knows how to have a good time, and we always do!
And last but not least,
Home Sweet Home! It still feels too good to be true--to be together, in California, in an apartment. We are relishing every little thing: the trips to Home Depot, playing games at our table, making dinner, lounging on the couches (my present occupation.) If it all goes away tomorrow, I want to savor every minute. Jacob keeps reassuring me, we're here to stay. I still can't believe it.
As promised, here are pics of the apartment. Jacob and I put pulls on all the cabinets and my no-more pinched fingers are soooo happy about it!


The kitchen's not at all finished, but it's the best it's looked in a week. And everything has a spot. That bookcase is a lifesaver! We just have to figure out how we're going to hide the goodies in it.

This is the apartment's current crowning jewel of organzation! This room's all done with the exception of a few pictures to hang (including a Renoir. ;)
And our very favorite addition, a new bedroom set, at a price that would make my super-saver-savvy sister-in-law very proud, no less. We had a homemade bread and eggs breakfast in bed this morning. I'm telling you, we've been celebrating in little ways all week.
We had a very good week with a commercial booking for me and a number of editing projects for Jacob. We are so very grateful for the "showers" of blessings that seem to come just at the right time.


Wishing you the happiest of April showers, too!
9 comments:
So fun! I love your new furniture, and I love all the pictures as always. April was a good month, on the whole, wasn't it?
What a fun update! Happy Birthday/Easter/General Conference Day---a lot of FUN in one day!
I haven't seen Aileena in YEARS!!! I love her! She looks great & those hats you made are adorable!
CUTE post! I LOVE your home! So cute Emily! I LOVE your bed set! It was so fun to see you guys! Can't wait to see your living room.
As always.. thanks for the post! I LOVE that you have a cute new place to put all your stuff and call home! We miss you guys.
I remember you learning how to crochet at girls' camp almost two years ago...and now look at you! Making little hats! I tried making a hat once, but it didn't curve enough; it ended up looking like a giant tea saucer. Love your new place--congrats!
Ok so am I missing something or is that a typo? Under the pic of Aileena and you it says "Mothers-to-be", are you prego too?!
Nope, not pregnant. I'll be sure to make a big announcement when I am so as not to leave any doubt. Thanks for asking!
Loved the post! I miss you guys already! And your apartment is so dang cute!!
Looks like lots of fun...thanks for the shoutout ;) we've headed back to Bucca for a few celebrations since. Cute place!
Post a Comment