WE MOVED!!
To a ONE-BEDROOM APARTMENT!! (AGH!) In a lovely and super convenient little gem of the San Fernando valley (AGH!)!! Which makes us officially the proudest and most grateful new residents of LA County!! (AGGGHHH!!!) Ladies and gentleman, we are now officially living it up in Valley Village, California!
HHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have I made my excitement about it clear enough?
In the coming week we'll be traveling home to bring back all of our furniture, and dishes, and pictures--all our stuff that's been lonely and neglected in storage for the last 11 months, and bringing it back to OUR place! Jacob and me! In one place! With our own furniture!
In case anyone reading this thinks I may be overreacting, let me just reiterate--we have not lived together in our own place, with our own belongings for 15 months. I have not had breakfast at my kitchen table, or watched a movie on my couch, or hung a picture on my wall, or hosted a dinner at my place of residence in 15 months. 15 months! Now we can get mail sent to us! And have church callings! No more potato bugs! No more yelling neighbors with barking dogs! No more $4.00 in quarters/load of laundry! No more 40-mile one-way commute! No more 200 sq. ft. hotel room! PRAISE THIS BLESSED DAY!!!!
A sweet friend in our Brea ward said she thinks we will look back on our time in the hotel as an important time for us. I think she's absolutely right. Though just for the moment, I'd prefer not to look back at all.
So without further ado, here's our new place!
Note the oven! And the full-size fridge! Never mind that the gas won't be turned on until tomorrow and we moved in almost a week ago. So we're still cookin' everything in the toaster oven.
I LOVE all the windows! And hardwood floors! It's too much.
Ample couch space. Imagine. A couch again!
The bathroom. And an irish jig pose, courtesy of Mr. O'Moffat.
The breakfast bar. And the lovely hallway (with storage! Lots of it!) We have one stool and one ottoman, which is the only furniture we currently have in our possession. That and an air mattress we are borrowing from friends until we can go home and get our own real bed!
Here's the bedroom! Don't let the picture fool you, it's quite spacious. And how bout that beautiful tree outside the window?!!
And here's the pretty courtyard! In the evidently-timeless peach and green, just like the famous Beverly Hills hotel! ;)
So there you have it! We are so happy to have a place to call ours. Finally, finally. I can't get over it. We are so grateful to my parents who hosted us so graciously in the lap of crazy luxury this summer, and to all of our family and friends, everyone who's been so supportive. What we're doing is NOT easy so every bit of encouragement helps and we so appreciate it! THANK YOU!!
And we'll see some of you very soon. Happy Sunday!
HHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have I made my excitement about it clear enough?
In the coming week we'll be traveling home to bring back all of our furniture, and dishes, and pictures--all our stuff that's been lonely and neglected in storage for the last 11 months, and bringing it back to OUR place! Jacob and me! In one place! With our own furniture!
In case anyone reading this thinks I may be overreacting, let me just reiterate--we have not lived together in our own place, with our own belongings for 15 months. I have not had breakfast at my kitchen table, or watched a movie on my couch, or hung a picture on my wall, or hosted a dinner at my place of residence in 15 months. 15 months! Now we can get mail sent to us! And have church callings! No more potato bugs! No more yelling neighbors with barking dogs! No more $4.00 in quarters/load of laundry! No more 40-mile one-way commute! No more 200 sq. ft. hotel room! PRAISE THIS BLESSED DAY!!!!
A sweet friend in our Brea ward said she thinks we will look back on our time in the hotel as an important time for us. I think she's absolutely right. Though just for the moment, I'd prefer not to look back at all.
So without further ado, here's our new place!
So there you have it! We are so happy to have a place to call ours. Finally, finally. I can't get over it. We are so grateful to my parents who hosted us so graciously in the lap of crazy luxury this summer, and to all of our family and friends, everyone who's been so supportive. What we're doing is NOT easy so every bit of encouragement helps and we so appreciate it! THANK YOU!!
And we'll see some of you very soon. Happy Sunday!
8 comments:
This is such wonderful news! Emily that had to be so hard not having all of that for 15 months. I am so glad you guys have your own place, and it looks SO CUTE! That courtyard is adorable. It really looks like a nice apartment! YAY! I can't wait to see pics of it all done up! I hope we get to come visit one day :(
Well, a-freakin-men! The courtyard is really so lovely, and your wood floors are about to be much more beautiful than my dingy light carpet. It looks just perfect, and I am so beyond thrilled for you both!
You knew that, but now it's official. Happy happy happy!
Awesome! Congratulations on the new cute place. I love the courtyard too!
Your place is so cute. I'm very happy that you don't have to live in a hotel anymore (we've been there and know how you feel). I hope all the dreams you have for your new place are realized in the way the Lord wants them to be. Congratulations.
Cute Apartment! I am so happy for you. And what a wonderful birthday present. That must be so relieving. I will have to come visit you in the future. I hope things continue to be bright for you!!!!
I Love it! And I can't wait to see it with all your cute decor too!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your new home is beautiful. Those hardwood floors...ahh! Emily, you are a wonderful example to me of optimism, perseverance, and gratitude. I'm so happy for you guys.
Let me say it again....I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I'm so happy for you Emily! You totally deserve it! Nothing but the BEST for you!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
Post a Comment