Welcome to "Messland!"
This is what you get when you throw together the entire contents of Emily's room, circa 1990 to 2004, plus the majority of the last five years of acquired apartment furnishings. My adorable nephew appropriately christened this wonder-of-the-disorganized-world "Messland" the other day when he and Eve happened upon it while Auntie Em was getting ready in her utter shame. Devlin, the perceptive offspring of two master-organizing, space-saving extraordinaires, said with unabashed, 5-year-old honesty: "Welcome to Messland where nothing at all is organized!" He proceeded to instruct Eve on how to step over, climb under, and muscle through the stacks and stacks of "junk" mounded about the room.
I can take a hint.
So, we sped up the pace a bit of the work we'd begun in my room and said goodbye to some very old friends.
So really, I don't know what's more surprising--the fact that my room virtually hasn't been touched in 6 years, or the fact that there's so much stinkin' space in this house that nobody minded.
I'm actually a little shocked at how long I've had some of this stuff. I mean high school, for goodness sake, was 10 years ago! And I had every last corsage!!
Or there's my first job: working the sportswear department at Mervyn's at Superstition Springs. I was sad to see that place close, though at the time I was working there, I probably wouldn't have minded so much.
Well, it was so much fun de-junking at our house, I thought I'd go over and do it at my in-laws too! Here are the results of Peg's closet detox: 8 donation and 2 trash--10 bags full!

The Goodwill is LOVING us right now! One more garage sale to go and I think we're in the clear!
7 comments:
It looks so fun! I'll show Dev this post to give him a preview so he doesn't freak out next time we come over about his favorite "destination" being remodeled.
Good job Emily! You are amazing! Sometimes it can be hard to go through and get rid of stuff or more importantly..."memories." However, on the flip side, it can feel so rewarding and relieving too! I'm so proud of you! Love, Cam
P.S. Your mom is a cutie in that picture!
Oh, you are so cute! I still have a similar looking dresser full of trinkets from the old days at my parents house. I'm glad you kept at least a few things near and dear to your heart.
Hahaha...good memories of playing dress-up in your room. I always loved that you had a jack and jill bathroom and we would sneak into your sisters room:) You had the best dress-up dresses ever!
I had to write again after seen your post below on winning Ticket to Ride! We LOVE that game! Lots of people don't even know the game but we love it. Good win too, 10 destinations is quite a lot:)
I love getting rid of stuff!
I bet you had so many memories, very cute.
Post a Comment