I'm lucky one of the reasons I love the holidays so much is because I get to spend them with my family. Home is so much more meaningful when you live away from it, and this is the one time of year I get some quality time with my favorite people.
We had so much fun and crammed in everything we possibly could. We . . .
Attended the Palmer Christmas Party, which we haven't done in 5 years!
Watched the first public music performance of my little nephew Devlin singing "Frosty the Snowman"
Did some good old-fashioned jungle-gymming with Uncle Jake on Christmas Eve.
Caught Miss Evie smiling on camera at the Dixons.
Presented a Dixalton homemade nativity scene, complete with costumes from Mom's endless treasure trove collection.
Marveled at Miss Evie's strikingly sophisticated wearing of a turban.
Snagged a quick Christmas Eve snapshot of our wee little family. Can't remember who took this, but nice job!
Matched baby Iris with her face-sake Christmas morning, Great-Grandma Kay. They're twins! 82 years removed...
Donned Miss Evie with some homemade hatware. Notice the flower on the side she picked herself at the ribbon store.
Kilted our way to Jab's house Christmas morning c/o Peggy's innovative pj creations.
Opened a huge surprise from Peg: A SEWING MACHINE! Complete with a free sewing class the next day for the daughters/in-law from the master herself.
Bequeathed the finally-finished festive afghan to Mr. Christmas himself. (Doesn't this look like Where's Waldo?)
Received this most beautiful portrait of our favorite temple, care of Maccam. Oh, isn't it beautiful?
Wished a merry Christmas from one fam to my other by caroling a few traditional tunes and one original about . . .
GINGERBREAD! Look for it in stores next Christmas! (hint, hint Rob) It's a classic!
Got a little lovin' from my nearly one-year-old niece, who is very selective in her displays of affection, when she reached out to yours truly during the caroling and let me hold her the rest of Christmas night.
Sewed a tiny pillow case and a nice big rice bag on the 26th which we have since put to good use!
Surprised my dad with a birthday dinner at our favorite Mexican joint! And I do mean surprised! (Darn, no picture! It was awesome and both my families came.)
Attended the baby blessing of Jacob's newest little first cousins once removed, "Rod and Todd." hee hee
"Awwwwed" at how sweet Uncle David was with his little nieces and nephew.
See what I mean? He and Devlin loved beachin' it up New Year's Eve.
Vegged our way into the New Year--Santa Barbara style.
Bowled, at Devlin's genius suggestion, on New Year's Day. Yes, that would be my sister bowling with baby on back.
Watched curiously as the monkey, with all his passionate, dramatic flare, rolled his ball down the lane.
Feasted at Tupelos, our favorite Santa Barbara cuisine.
Caught Miss Evie laughing on camera--at us, trying to get her to smile for the picture!
Gawked at these fabulous gams! Whose?
Hers! Gorgeous, even in sleepwear.
Fashion-photoed our matching jeans and fabulous new handbags--a shamefully decadent Santa Barbara tradition--the handbags, not the photo shoot. Though on second thought . . .
It did make for a pretty good time!
Thanks everyone for the fabulous holidays! Hope you're all off to a fantastic start of 2009!
4 comments:
Cute! Looks like a GREAT Christmas!
Nice pics, Em. Didn't we have a great time?
Looks like so much fun!!! I am jealous you got a sewing machine and sewing lessons. That is one of my goals in life is to get better at sewing. Love the new jeans, and the photo showing them off. ow ow! And I love the picture of Rachel bowling with a baby on her back-that's the way it should be man-go do what you like and bring the baby along. I also like the picture of Eve in pigtails-she looks like Cindy off the brady bunch.
What a great time! I'm jealous of that picture of the Mesa temple - you'll have to send in an order to Mac & Camille for me. I wanted to let you know we're making our blog private. If you want to keep checking in I just need your email and I'll send you an invite. Glad all is well - you look great as usual!! :)
Post a Comment