Sunday, December 14, 2008

Grinch and bear it

This is as much of a picture that's coming with this post. I have tried on several different occasions since my last entry to make a new post and have had absolutely no success thanks to a missing camera cable, a bum iphoto app, stalled email, 2 computers pulsating slower by the minute, and a partridge in a pear tree. I'm funny. I really am. In addition to my usual schedule AND the holiday mayhem, I thought it would be fun to add performing 8 times a week in a show an hour away in the snow, trying to prepare for a move, and changing careers. I know, brilliant. So this just makes for one more reason I'm THIS CLOSE to losing my mind. I'd love to show you the pictures from Thanksgiving with Rich and Lo, my parents coming to visit for the opening of Light in the Piazza last weekend, pictures of the costumes, opening night and cast parties, etc. etc. etc. but apparently it ain't gonna happen. My blog will have to go unattended to, much like my housework, laundry, Christmas wrapping/letter-writing, lack of sleep, utterly appalling diet, and general spreading of good will. Thank goodness for the musical that I'm loving every minute of, and for the work-free holidays we'll be celebrating in AZ seven blessed days from now. Merry, merry Christmas!

7 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Hee, you'd make a great mom. That's the Christmas spirit a lot of the time, I'm afraid!

No, seriously, I know you've got a lot on your plate and I'm thinking about you. Let's have a great time when you come!

Samantha said...

Ooooh Emily. This is so different coming from you b/c you are usually so upbeat but somehow even this sounds upbeat and positive coming from you! I love you tons. Things will cool off soon and maybe you'll miss it.

I got the raise I was talking to you about...but I should talk to you about it sometime...it's tentative,complicated. But thanks for the advice, I *think/hope* it worked.

Samantha said...

Ooooh Emily. This is so different coming from you b/c you are usually so upbeat but somehow even this sounds upbeat and positive coming from you! I love you tons. Things will cool off soon and maybe you'll miss it.

I got the raise I was talking to you about...but I should talk to you about it sometime...it's tentative,complicated. But thanks for the advice, I *think/hope* it worked.

Courtnie said...

Emily, you are hilarious! I DVR'd your movie last night and I will play the beginning over and over again so I can see some fabulous acting! Good luck with all you have going on!

Aileena said...

Sounds like something out of a movie. As your friend, I am very sorry about all the stress and mayhem, but as your really good friend, I miss you! And I wish I could see your play, and help you clean your house, and get presents wrapped. If I lived in Utah I'd help you move, clean, pack, wrap, gossip, and make you dinner. Then I'd force you to go shopping with me for a little while and maybe workout with me so we could talk. But as I am a million miles away, all you get is a christmas card, and my love. I hope you enjoy your holiday season after the stress passes. Enjoy Arizona, and remember I'll be alot closer this holiday season. I'll be in AZ! With a new nephew. AMelia had her son today. I love you Emily, and miss you tons!

Aileena said...

p.s. My sister in law taped your movie, so I'll watch that when I get home.

Anna said...

Lo Seinto Probresita. Those were the first words out of my mouth. I guess I sympathize better in spanish.

That sounds pretty rough. But maybe all this will just make your vacation feel even more amazing!

It's like a giant pimple ready to burst and when it finally does you get a Popsicle! Am I right?

Hang in there! We all love you!