Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just in time for Christmas


Jacob here. I've been too busy to get into the spirit of the season this year. Usually I spend a whole day listening to Amy Grant's Chirstmas album, then I watch ELF in slow motion, studing the neuances of it's every frame, snort some candy canes and repeat until the ward christmas party. But I haven't had time this year. Both Emily and I have been very busy. In fact let me take a second to say hi to my wife.

Hey Emily, I didn't get all the stuff on the list, they were out of most of it, Jenny called my number looking for you, again. Don't make any plans Sunday 2:30, check  your voicemail please, see you Saturday. 

So to get in the holiday season I'm attaching some links you can enjoy to help you and me get into the yuletide mood. 

Here is a video many of you have seen. Makes a great inbox stuffer. We made this a few years ago for the 24 hour filmmaking contest at the LDS film festival. It's a movie people! Were acting, playing fake people, I'm not like this in real life. I had a relative ask if this was a Documentary, I hung up on them. 

For the lady in your life, here is some custom made jewelry. Makes a great stocking stuffer. So if you are doing a homemade Christmas this year (lots of us are) just do what my mom does with some of her most famous recipes, "by and lie." Our friend makes this jewelry, she has many hidden talents (FYI my hidden talents produce no commodities that can be sold in the free market).

Emily really likes this CD. Makes a great playlist stuffer. Her favorite track is right here. Christmas shoes eat your heart out (man I hate that song, I just start crying...I'm going to by these shoes.....please make it stop, wimper).

Merry Holidays. 


5 comments:

Samantha said...

Not very related but somewhat:

every Amy Grant Christmas song I hear, she sounds so bored and ready to be done with the song.

So, merry Christmas?!

Jacob said...

I agree. Plus she hates, I'm mean hates, Mormons. She had a whole album dedicated to boring anti-Mormon songs.

Tracks like:

"I've been working on salvation" (sung to the tune of I've been working on the railroad)

"Amazing Plates"

and "Three" sung to U2's "One" about our belief in the trinity.

:)

Ashlie Grow said...

that christmas video is hilarious! i dont know why but i was cracking up at the 'santa had shoes till i washed the sweater' part. hope you guys are doing well, we havent seen you in forever! merry christmas!

Amy said...

So I just watched your youtube video...hilarious! I really liked the inclusion of the tree getting thrown onto the lawn at the end...how many takes did that require? jk. you definitely captured the awkwardness everyone loves about The Office.

Aileena said...

Merry CHristmas Jake. Funny stuff.