section of the supermarket round this time of year. Despite my lactose
intolerance, I have an unabashed love for this delicious holiday
drink. I find the controversial beverage absolutely irresistible, and
tragic that it's only available for purchase two months of the year.
Tonight I was so excited about its re-emergence, I treated myself to a
tasty, filling glass of egg nog! And decided I'd tell you all about it.
I have always been a sucker for dairy (and carbs for that matter, but
that's another story). I bought a Green Bay Packer cheese head for hat
day in Jr. High. Because I love cheese that much. I have cereal nearly
every morning at breakfast, and if not at breakfast, religiously at
some point during the day.
I don't know how long I've been lactose intolerant but I've known
about it for two years. A lot of people in my situation just avoid
dairy, but that would be like cutting off my right arm, so I take the
pills. I mean seriously, imagine a life without ice cream? Or nog?
It's more than worth the small sacrifice for priceless moments of
blissful refreshment . . . like this.

6 comments:
you're nuts. eggnog is awful. but we can still be friends.
We will never agree on eggnog, but that's what makes the world go round! :)
Well at least your craving isn't for soda, as mine is. Will I EVER get over it?!?!
so how do the pills help?
I was so excited to hear you brag up Silk Nog, and then I realized you like the yucky real stuff. Boo hoo hoo. I really thought I'd get credit for introducing you to the glorious non dairy version that I absolutely adore. Oh well. I will be making my soy nog tomorrow anways.
Ben and I both like nog, but I couldn't drink it year round-November and December make us happy because of this beverage-yum!
Post a Comment