It's nearly 3 in the morning and I have two shows tomorrow but "my head's too light to try to set it down"--we opened tonight! My Fair Lady is officially up and fantastic, if I say so myself. But don't take my word for it, Jared, Adrienne, Kevin Jordan, Jacob, Rich, Loretta, and little miss 5-years-old today (happy birthday!) Jacie will tell you the same. They've all been so sweet to come to see the show this week, and they're so good, as they know no matter what, to always tell me the show is fantastic. ;) Once again, I just want to make sure I'm clear about the superior level of fantasticism of this show. Okay, great.
I get the biggest buzz from a good performance. I'll crash later but I've been enjoying the high ride the last several hours. Here are some quick pics of costumes (for you mom) and the opening night party. Free sushi anyone?
In order of appearance:


Oops! I still need a maid picture. Insert here.



Higgins and Eliza at tonight's party. Don't they make a lovely couple? They are both so charming, on and off stage.

Mrs. Higgins to my left, Freddie to my right, and fellow ensemblers make for a nice picture don't they? The last two weeks have been a lot of late nights and a lot of hard work but it pays off in spades. And I'm happy to announce I've also been cast in their next musical playing in December, Light in the Piazza. I am thrilled to be getting my fill on some much needed stage time. Now if only my new niece would show . . .
11 comments:
We did have a great time at the show! You were great! Thanks for the cute birthday gifts. Jacie is still carrying around her "show purse."
I can verify the truth of your statement. It's great to see you doing what you love and performing with the top theaters in the state!
Emily!!! SO MUCH FUN!!! I'm so happy for you and SO SAD I can't come see you! Your hair is getting long, huh?
What a fun twirly costume.
Hey you look really good as a brunette, which I wouldn't necessarily expect b/c I'm so used to you as a blonde, but it looks really cute on you.
Did I mention we are coming to Utah, but mostly Idaho, in December- the 21st we arrive and the 5th we leave, and I'm going to do my utmost to arrange a way to come to UT for a while and see people. I don't think we'll have a car and we'd probably be in the SLC area, but I just want to throw it out there!!
Yahoo! I've been dying to hear all about it. I'm so glad you're having a great time, and I can't wait until I am there in person (ahem, with a BABY, that would be you Iris, anytime now thanks) so I can see it too! I'm so jealous of your family and friends who live closer and get to just pop over anytime and see you onstage...
Awesome Em! I wish we were closer. I know you are fabulous in the show! love, Cam
Congrats lady!!! Happy opening! I am so thrilled and excited for you. Carson and I would love to come and see you. We'll have to figure out a weekend when I'm in town...
Break a leg and have so much fun!!!
love you
erin
That is so awesome! You are so talented! I hope you have a blast!
I love the costumes!!!!!! Good Luck Emily. You are awesome.
So cute! I love the costumes!
Wowee!! I REALLY wish I could go see it! Now I'm certain that the gal I saw in that BYU commercial really WAS you! How awesome that you're keeping up w/ all that. Hopefully, some day, I will be able to enter into the theatre again. :)
*are you waiting for Eliza to catch cold?? ;)
Emily,
That is amazing that you are in My Fair Lady. I am sure you are doing great. One of my friends is in the orchestra. I have the play is wonderful. Congratulations!
-Becca Brown
Post a Comment