Today I am so lucky to be spending Mother's Day with my sweet, beautiful mother, Lana. I have been a little emotional all weekend with gratitude for her improved health which has enabled her to come to visit us for the first time in 2 years. This truly is a special day.
I have often joked that if I'm a bad mother I have no excuse because I came from the best. My mother always said that to be a mother was her fondest dream, and raising us in love and devotion has been her life's work. When I look back on some of these pictures I am overwhelmed by the sacrifices she must have made to be there for me through everything--from my "crowning" moments to the happiest day of my life. She was always there, even in the background of some of these pictures, cheering me on. I have never known a greater woman and I thank God, especially this day, for the tremendous blessing she is in my life.
To my mother, Lana, Jacob's mother, Peggy, and all of the mothers in our lives who have impacted us for the better, we love you and we honor you today.
8 comments:
That is such a SWEET tribute to our sweet mom's Emily! You are a doll! Love, Cam
That video made me cry! No wonder you are such a wonderful person, you have all these amazing women as examples.
Loved the video Em. I think it is so wonderful your mom could visit you on Mother's Day! Luv u, Loretta
That movie was so sweet. Aren't we lucky to have such wonderful women as mothers?
You and your mom are both so amazing, and I'm so glad she was able to visit you! Say hi to her for me!
Love the blog, you have a treasure trove of links. Feel free to add our blog . Thanks for the visit and huggies.
Oops
aw, that was so sweet. you are awesome, and so is your mom...{saw her cute self, & the pegster @ the scrapbook store today, in fact!} happy mother's day all around!
Post a Comment