Saturday, May 31, 2008

And we'll have fun, fun, fun . . .

Cue the Beach Boys! Ladies and gentleman, the sun is shining! I have been so eager to soak up some sun that I bought not one, but TWO swimsuits this season. I intend to live up this gorgeous, bright, sunshiny day, and all others that follow, to the fullest. It is so beautiful here. I know a few of you just got home from visiting but it's enough to come again and right now! (Then you'll want to move here and we can hang out all the time!) I have discovered over the last several months how precious the blue sky is. Just like the flowers, I wilted this winter. But no more. Even as I write this, my window is open and a heavenly 75 degree breeze is gliding through my window. And all the moisture has brought up the most beautiful blossoms and green trees everywhere. Oh, I'm choking up I'm so grateful.

So, how are things now that Jacob officially has his diploma (as of yesterday)? He is busy working on all projects film-like and loving every minute of it. He is more dedicated than ever to helping around the house (I cannot even remember the last time I cooked) and I am loving every minute of that. He's recently earned a job working on a project for BYU broadcasting and continues renting out audio-visual equipment which has got to be the world's easiest way of making a buck. He is so dedicated, it just amazes me. That kid could do anything and I'm not kidding you. He turned to me on Sunday and joked, "I want to go to medical school." But it took me a second, because he certainly could if he so much as decided to.

And we've had A LOT of fun together, enjoying a schedule that does not include class or homework, thank goodness! Last weekend we spared no expense at the nickle arcade, going to see Indiana Jones (thanks Rich!), and Iron Man at the full-priced theaters, and dining at the latest buzzed-about pizza bistro and burger joints. I have been busier than ever with auditions and loving that. I've nearly reached a black belt in auditions--I certainly qualify by their frequency. I'm itching to do some really time-consuming performing, so we'll see if, when, and where that lands me.

And finally, I thought I would share with all of you pictures of my inaugural, if solo, pool dip of the summer. I hesitated taking a picture of myself in a swimsuit and posting it, you know I'm so modest and all . . . . . .Oh, I'm so embarrassed.

6 comments:

Jacob said...

Emily, let me be the first to comment, I think this is a bad picture of you.

The Wizzle said...

Hey, if that's all it takes then I'm totally posting a shot of myself at Devlin's first swimming lesson tomorrow! You might not want to look though, Em, because I wouldn't want to make you feel inadequate. You're just making do with what you have, you know?

Hmmm, anyway. Glad you guys are enjoying yourselves. Keep up the, uh, good work.

Hermana Abigail Wells said...

I'm glad the sun is finally out in Utah. What a long winter. You know that we have sun pretty much the whole year...not rubbing it in, just an idea for you. I'm happy that you got to soak it up.

Peg and Parker said...

Sorry, the previous post was from me. Peg, Mom,. Madison's friend was signed in on my computer and I didn't know it. So Hi. It was from me.

Sandy said...

Congrats on the diploma...that's exciting! Sounds like you guys have a lot of great plans for the summer. Are you guys still living in Utah?

spice2116 said...

yeah for sunshine!!! congrats on the diploma yeah for future projects :P