Thursday, January 10, 2008

Resolutions

I'm a believer in goal setting, and perhaps contrary to the experience of others, I've got a pretty good track record with New Years Resolutions. Since it worked so well at Christmas, here's the declaration of what I want in 2008!

1. To breathe more deeply.
2. To read the first book in the Twilight Series.
3. To have a new niece by Mac and Cam. (Wait that happened today! Welcome McKenna!)
3 (Revised). To see my new niece by Mac and Cam.
4. To do things the simple way. And leave it.
5. To walk more slowly.
6. To assess a package before opening, looking carefully for any signs that indicate the best way to do so.
7. To read the Book of Mormon, preferably by the end of May as our ward's Young Women have committed to this, and I'm the president.
8. To spend more of my free time napping. (Like twice a week would be great!)
9. To say my prayers out loud.
10. To get a massage.
11. To allow myself more than one trip to take all the groceries into the house.
12. To see Celine Dion in concert!
13. To keep exercising at least 3 times a week.
14. To not let others' reactions dictate my own.
15. To get the 2008 Uncle John's Page a day bathroom reader calendar, so that I too will be unstoppable.

6 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Oooh, those sound good. And thanks for updating about Mac and Cam - I've been checking everyone's blog who's ever met the Moffats in hopes of some news!

elizabeth said...

You are so great. I have nothing else to say, strangely.

Courtnie said...

Emily, those are great! Just finished the Twilight books (I have to admit I was skeptical at first), but I'm sure you can read that in a year. I read all 3 in 1 1/2 weeks, they are that good! Courtnie

Amy said...

good for you for making realistic, do-able resolutions. I didn't even try this January. I just want to survive 2008, and I'll think about resolutions in 2009!! (this comes after making resolutions about television watching that I couldn't live up to for 3 years straight) hahaha

Cluff Family said...

You are so amazing!! Take advantage of getting naps! I would give anything for a nap!!

Samantha said...

If anyone can do it, you can!