Sunday, December 16, 2007

Weekend in Review

Friday night: Work party. Yummy dinner at fancy hotel.












Saturday night: "Tacky Christmas Sweater and White Elephant Gift exchange" party. Yummy chicken tortilla soup dinner. So fun to see friends Carson and Erin, and make some new ones. Won Sponge Bob video game. I don't play and neither does Jacob. He used to though and still has some left over skill. I humored him and tried to play last night and died on multiple attempts within about 5 seconds. Jacob could not stop laughing.








Saturday Evening: Bought a car. What?! I know. I'm still not over it. We were going to wait til we went home for Christmas because we'll be trading the old car back to my dad for my brother to use. Thanks Dad! We decided on the car over Thanksgiving and were just going to look at colors, and came home with the real thing. I can't believe it.







LATE Saturday night: Finished wrapping ALL the gifts I have. For the first time in forever, ALL my shopping is done, wrapped and under the tree December 15. Definitely the cutest wrapped presents to ever be under our tree. (grin)






Sunday Morning: Christmas Choir performance. I don't have a picture for this, but trust me, it's worth noting. Jacob and I were the narrators and I had a solo. It the hardest I've ever worked for a choir performance. Seriously. The cantata was the campiest and most "counter-intutitive" (as one choir member called it) piece of work ever written and we gave it our all. Memorable quote from narration (to be said in style of Greek chorus:) "This is Christmas. This is Christmas? The season of buying things? This is Christmas? The Lord was born in Spring." For real.



Sunday Night: Final installment of Christmas movie night, A Christmas Story and hot cocoa. And my two friends whom I love more and more the longer we're friends. These two are so adventurous and may be going abroad again soon to teach English. I'm happy to share them with the world, and sad when they're away, but happy to have spent some time with them this Christmas.

6 comments:

Loretta and Richie said...

Looks like a fun week! Love the sweaters and the NEW CAR!

Samantha said...

Yay you guys got a sweet car!!!!

Debbie said...

Emily, I am so jelous of your car. Greg and I are looking at getting the Scion in the summer. What do you think? Tell me everything about it!

maccam said...

So fun Emily! I love the car! What a fun party too. I love the idea of the crazy Christmas sweaters.

angiedunn said...

happy car & sa-weet sweaters! you guys are SO fun.

g-ma said...

It is so fun to read your blog and even discover I'm on it. did you buy a Scion? Roger just bought a Scion. You guys are doing so good.