Thursday, December 13, 2007

Gift Tagged

1. Wrapping paper or gift bag? Wrapping paper but usually gift bag. Wrapping paper for me is REALLY going the extra mile, and it usually only happens at Christmas, probably because I have more time to admire it.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. Less messy, less flammable, more economical, and it's what my family used. I think people like to stick with what they grew up with on this one.

3. When do you put up your tree? Monday after Thanksgiving. Again, how I was raised.

4. When do you take down your tree? ehhh, Martin Luther King day or so. It's no secret I have a hard time letting go of Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog? Love it. Had it tonight with dinner.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My parents got us everything. I'm not kidding. I look at pictures of our Christmases growing up and I can't believe all that my parents gave me, and continue to. I was born to the most generous people I know. Although, Amy Grant's tape of Heart in Motion comes to mind. I remember I REALLY wanted that.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? YES I DO! New this year. Isn't it beautiful?

8. Hardest person to buy for? Yeah, seriously. Jake's the last person I've bought a gift for but I finally did it! Jake said he didn't want clothes this year which apparently left me bereft of ideas. (Can't I just rest at ease knowing that the answer to this question will never be me?! I post my list for the world to see! :))

9. Easiest person to buy for? My brother, oddly enough! Those roles are usually switched!

10. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? You know, I like getting gifts. I really can't think of a gift-getting experience I didn't like.

11. US Mail or email Christmas cards? This year--U.S. Although the inflation of stamps is killing me. Thank goodness they have cute pictures or I don't know what I would do.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Oh. That's tough. Can I have 5? Elf, Miracle on 34th Street, Christmas Carol, Christmas Story, and Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas, because Jacob bought it for me for our first Christmas. Isn't he so sweet?

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? This year, September. And I just bought Jacob's first gift yesterday.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ooh, Cindy. We bought the candy cane cocoa from your recommendation. I really like it. It really has candy cane bits. Oh, and Peg's date candy!

16. White or colored lights? How about both?

17. Favorite Christmas songs? Silent Night and Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas. Those songs are perfect.

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Is there someone that can't?

19. Angel or Star on top of tree? Hey, we have a cheap snowflake too!

20. Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Christmas morning and NOOOO hints or peeking or anything before then. I love surprises too much. Jake's family drags it out until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. That's my kind of gift exchange.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? No quick trips to the store. And I gotta say I'm not grooving on a commute in the snow.

22. What I love most about Christmas? Yea! Being with family. That is Christmas to me. And I have two families in one place. Schedules can get complicated but I am so lucky to have NEVER have to miss a Christmas with my family. Living away from them, I think I deserve as much. Oh, and this year Jacob and I had a special dinner just for the two of us. I made Jake's favorite lasagne and served it on my new Christmas dinnerware that I adore. He was supposed to take a picture of the dinner. I guess he missed.

1 comment:

Cindy Spratling said...

Glad you enjoyed the candy cane cocoa. Isn't it delish?! And I think cheap snowflakes should be added to the tag question!