Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Blue Christmas

So we pulled out all our Christmas stuff on Saturday, and my worst fears were confirmed: Red & Green & light turquoise don't mix! It took me most of the day himming and hawing to realize it just wadn't gonna work. So after several trips to several stores we finally found a happy remedy...Blue!
Aaaaggghh!

Whew!



Awww...

P.S. Jacob is singing the Pina Colada song right now, not the Garth Brooks song, the other one. He hasn't stopped for days. Now he's actually looking up the lyrics to the song. I don't know what's gotten into him. Neither does he.

15 comments:

Jacob said...

this is the one

The Pina Colada Song

I was tired of my lady
We'd been together too long
Like a worn-out recording
Of a favorite song
So while she lay there sleeping
I read the paper in bed
And in the personal columns
There was this letter I read

"If you like Pina Coladas
And getting caught in the rain
If you're not into yoga
If you have half a brain
If you'd like making love at midnight
In the dunes on the Cape
Then I'm the love that you've looked for
Write to me and escape."
I didn't think about my lady
I know that sounds kind of mean
But me and my old lady
Have fallen into the same dull routine
So I wrote to the paper
Took out a personal ad
And though I'm nobody's poet
I thought it wasn't half bad

"Yes I like Pina Coladas
And getting caught in the rain
I'm not much into health food
I am into champagne
I've got to meet you by tomorrow noon
And cut through all this red-tape
At a bar called O'Malley's
Where we'll plan our escape."
,
So I waited with high hopes
And she walked in the place
I knew her smile in an instant
I knew the curve of her face
It was my own lovely lady
And she said, "Oh it's you."
Then we laughed for a moment
And I said, "I never knew."

That you like Pina Coladas
Getting caught in the rain
And the feel of the ocean
And the taste of champagne
If you'd like making love at midnight
In the dunes of the Cape

You're the lady I've looked for
Come with me and escape

(repeat chorus twice and fade out)

Jacob said...

Disclaimer: This song has nothing to do with the state of my happy marriage. I just love the dramatic irony. Even though it's true, I'm not into Yoga, I prefer Jazzer-cize, the VHS disco volume.

Jacob said...

By the way Rupert Holmes penned the subtle poetry that is the Pina Colada Song.

Jacob said...

Does anybody really read the comments on other peoples' blogs. Does any body really know what time it is?

Jacob said...

CHICAGO 1970

As I was walking down the street one day
A man came up to me and asked me what the time was that was on my watch, yeah
And I said

Does anybody really know what time it is
Does anybody really care
If so I cant imagine why
Weve all got time enough to cry

And I was walking down the street one day
A pretty lady looked at me and said her diamond watch had stopped cold dead
And I said

Does anybody really know what time it is
Does anybody really care
If so I cant imagine why
Weve all got time enough to cry

And I was walking down the street one day
Being pushed and shoved by people trying to beat the clock, oh, no I just dont know
I dont know
And I said, yes I said

Background:
People runnin everywhere
Dont know where to go
Dont know where I am
Cant see past the next step
Dont have time to think past the last mile
Have no time to look around
Just run around, run around and think why

Does anybody really know what time it is
Does anybody really care
If so I cant imagine why
Weve all got time enough to die

Loretta and Richie said...

I totally read the comments on other people's blogs. Also, I'm glad you care about Christmas clashing because I see the clash everywhere I go. It can get a little annoying, but I deal. Love ya Em.

Samantha said...

Ah, Jacob, that just makes me miss your silly antics!! That song makes me think of you b/c I remember you playing it and making fun of it. I think. That was you right?
...
Emily, your apartment looks sooooo nice, and now even nicer with your Christmas stuff. I love blue Christmas stuff.

I also read comments on other blogs. But not if there's like, 20.

maccam said...

It turned out cute Emily! But I know what you mean about clash. My house has that written all over it. Oh well. I love love love the tree!
Love, Cam

Cindy Spratling said...

Hey Emily, you were asking how to get my address. I'm pumped to be cool enough to possibly get a card from you guys :) So, email me and I'll reply with our address. And don't forget to include your address too! cjsprat@gmail.com

Cindy Spratling said...

PS: YES! Everyone reads the comments on other people's blogs Jacob! And thanks for clairifying the words to the Pina Colada song.

The Wizzle said...

Ha, ok, I just figured out why there were so many comments on Em's blog!

I only read other people's comments when I'm jealous that they have more readers than me. :D

Just kidding.

Heidi said...

I love it, Emily! Completely beautiful. I wish Ty and I could have a tree this year, but I'll just have to wait until after Christmas and get one on super sale! :)

Peg and Parker said...

So , It (your place) looks lovely. I'm not sure how the Pina Colada song enters in so I will stay out of that,
but your place , put a smile on my face...
Oh that's it .... we just try to rhyme
with what we want to say every time.
And though I am no poet
I at least know it. Heart, Mom
ps. I just did a very bad attempt @ copying the Pina Colada Song

Katrina said...

Emily! I found you on Staci Allen's Blog. My sister said she saw you at her botique she works at. You were always so sweet to me. Sometimes I miss those days, but wouldn't trade anything for now. Looks like you and Jacob are so happy!
-Katrina (Chiles) Riggs

maccam said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE Christmas card you guys!
Love, Cam